advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+16)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what McCluskey says or thinks, the massive problem for the remainiacs who are desperate for a second referendum is when they lose that referendum. I'm increasingly convinced that events have convinced lots of people who didn't vote in the first referendum to vote Leave if there is a second one.

As Owen Jones correctly said, the "tell them again" message is massively powerful and sh1ts like Chuka, Blair et al leading the remain charge will not help at all.

The bit that really resonated was the comment that compared Corbyn to Private Godfrey.
Apart from that, could have been written by seanm, and holds just as much water. The NYT article I posted above is a much better analysis, and has the advantage of a continents worth of detachment.

You seem like a fairly intelligent bloke but your irrational hatred of Corbyn, refusal to accept the result of the referendum and your certainty that a second vote would give you the result you demand is utterly ridiculous.

Really? How do you work that out?
I was wondering that. It would require the support or abstention of Tory rebels, or am I missing something?

I'd like to see another referendum, but surely the odds are stacked against it? Isuspect the best we can hope for now is to at least get "no deal" off the table and a significant extension to A50.

The idea that there is an option that doesn't involving pissing off a large portion of each party would be funny if the situation wasn't so serious. In which case, better to focus on what else is involved. Appeasing the Brexiteers is bad enough on a single issue, but their social and political aims on other matters will need vigorous opposition at some stage so might has well start now. A DUP/ERG influenced social and political agenda would not be fun for those who are in bed with them currently.

Regardless of what McCluskey says or thinks, the massive problem for the remainiacs who are desperate for a second referendum is when they lose that referendum. I'm increasingly convinced that events have convinced lots of people who didn't vote in the first referendum to vote Leave if there is a second one.

As Owen Jones correctly said, the "tell them again" message is massively powerful and sh1ts like Chuka, Blair et al leading the remain charge will not help at all.

It is important for Remainers to know that Leavers still want to Leave now that there is a clearer idea of what that means. If there is a majority for Leave again so be it. But it will certainly affect how I feel about the UK.

In which case the Brexiteers will be in favour of a second referendum as it will reinforce the result of the first one. Let's wait and see what the far right tabloids such as the Daily Mail have to say about that.

You seem like a fairly intelligent bloke but your irrational hatred of Corbyn, refusal to accept the result of the referendum and your certainty that a second vote would give you the result you demand is utterly ridiculous.
Ok...
1 He is in his position under false pretences, and although he espouses party democracy, his actions do not bear this out.
2 The referendum was bent - as in illegal (black ops, data theft and misuse, illegal funding) - and the leave position predicated on lies. It should have been annulled.
3 You're a polls man. How is leave versus remain doing?

Yes. In addition any likely result of a second referendum will be so close as to simply continue the "we wuz robbed" refrain of the losing side, hardly a recipe for unity in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back