1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+16)?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by zarniwoop, Feb 12, 2019.

1. zarniwoop

zarniwoop towel thief

Pretty sure she can't simply choose her successor.

2. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

She can’t.

3. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

...and then, before your very eyes, the same tabloids will hoist her up to the highest level of PMs through history - living embodiment of the indefatigable British spirit. Time after time she was rebuffed, people said she was finished - but no! If at first you don’t succeed...

Now I’ve made myself really depressed.

4. Bob McC

Hasn’t the “youthquake” theory been discredited?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42747342

The shift in voters was the 40ish year old cohort.

5. Marchbanks

That would certainly fit with Le Corbeau’s rapturous reception at Glastonbury.

6. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Yet, and theres a new layer on the sh1t cake. A politically and economically unstable country now talking about projecting military power around the globe- where have we heard this before?

7. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

I think the exact opposite. The horror of what Brexit means and the lies which led up to it will become apparent pretty quickly.

8. Bob McC

You know how many of them voted do you?

9. Marchbanks

But that will be Our Fault for asking for it, and the EU’s fault for not rolling over and giving us what we wanted, as they were supposed to. Tezz was simply implementing the will of the people (yes, every one of us) in the face of huge opposition. Well, some.

10. TheDecameron

Has the regular Westminster ski holiday fortnight been cancelled or do we still need to knock that off the 33 working days?

11. Marchbanks

Oddly enough, no. I was suggesting that your theory (Corbyn effect mainly applied to 40-somethings) fitted in with his reception at Glastonbury (festival attended by 40-somethings.)

Alex S likes this.
  12. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

I am increasingly of this opinion. She was a remainer only because she expected remain to win, but really her first priority was to become PM, and her second priority is to keep foreigners out of the UK. I hope she chokes on the poisoned chalice she has won.

Alex S, PsB, i_should_coco and 7 others like this.
  13. TheDecameron

They were all tripping when he took the stage. It could have been Vivian Stanshall up there.

jackbarron and HairyHaggis like this.
  14. Marchbanks

Oh man, I would have paid to see that. And I’m a sixty-something.

15. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

The horrific reality of a no deal brexit probably will be apparent quite quickly, but the key is who will the majority of the public blame, and I think the tabloids will focus the blame onto the intransigent EU and remainiac traitor MPs.

That is unless Brexit voters have a sudden damascene conversion and embrace introspection.

jackbarron likes this.
  16. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

It won't

If we look at the US, people are only now seeing the effects of Trumps "tax cuts" when they are not getting the IRS refunds they expected or normally get. People warned them before the tax cuts that they would lose out but they blindly trusted Trump. It has taken a year for people to realise they were shafted and we will be looking at the same sort of timescales for brexit effects to really start biting.

17. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

As I see it, there will be a vote on May's deal, but there is no way that we'll have a deal that the EU and the ERG/DUP will both stomach. That deal doesn't exist.

So then we crash out.

I feel that May has lost her fear of the Commons. Nothing happens to her, no matter how much she runs down the clock or how often she says the same thing over and over again. I reckon she'll take her chance with 'no deal' by default rather than risk splitting the Tories or bringing down the government.

jackbarron likes this.
  18. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Funny how they didn’t stick “We’re stockpiling body-bags...” on the side of that big red bus.

Nick_G and TheDecameron like this.
  19. HairyHaggis

HairyHaggis <((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>¸.

this, this and this again

HarryB likes this.
  20. TheDecameron

Me too, I fear this is where we are heading. She’s actually untouchable, by Corbyn or her own. Politically we are at the Charge of The Light Brigade moment.

“The Light Brigade reached the battery under withering direct fire and scattered some of the gunners, but they were forced to retreat and the assault ended with very high British casualties and no decisive gains”.