advertisement

Name Dropping.

You have to eat White Castle sliders once - just so you know what they are like. I did. Once.

As described to me they are the US equivalent of a Doner Kebab - ie best considered when well oiled and starving at the end of an evening. The speed of the drive-thru service I was taken to was impressive.

What is a slider ?

White Castle sliders are cooked unlike anything else. They are small (sliders!) burgers that are cooked on top of a huge bed of chopped onions - so they kind of steam in onion vapour rather than fry in oil. You get a bag full of them - they are really quite little - no business of putting them in a bun.

What is a slider ?

I saw and heard Herbie Flowers backing Sam Brown on bass when she was having hits with songs such as 'Stop'.

I also now remember 'an appearance' of a young Anthea Turner at a party in Stoke on Trent in the late '70s. I was warned by a former school mate beforehand and so her pure vacuousness didn't come as a surprise. Bruno, for it was he, arrived as her date (or was it the other way around) and was a good lad, happy to talk about prog bands (including Camel) he liked at the time.

CHE

Looking forward to hearing the other more than half!

Father, uncle?

Sorry, only just seen. Uncle. Got hard labour. Mysteriously got out early and set up own off licence in Cheltenham. Soon turned into wine bottling, labelling and export. Who knows where the money came from but we’ve no family connection to Cheltenham and that move just happened to take place the year GCHQ was set up. Family always thought he was a bit of a Walter Mitty character but it turned out to all be true. He’s been written off as Wales great traitor but clearly became a British double agent. Buried with full RAF honours. Not many who broadcast with Haw Haw can say that.

Lots more if anyone is interested but that’s the gist.

advertisement

Back