advertisement

Name Dropping.

I was once interviewed on TV by someone who recently attempted to be elected as Prime Minister. I think I still have it on tape somewhere.

CHE

On a works do over christmas i was throwing up and boy george who was the Dj walked past.

I vaguely knew that lot in the late 70s. My then girlfriend shared a flat in Devonshire Close behind Harley Street with Rusty Egan, and there was a regular procession of the Blitz Club crowd, Stevie Strange, Boy George and so on. Never went to The Blitz Club, not my bag.

When I lived in Catford many moons ago I lived near the sweet shop that was owned by the parents of Blakey from On the Buses. I never saw Blakey mind but that must count for something surely.

I met Bill Clinton in 1974, and was soaking wet and half-naked at the time.

It was a Saturday morning in October, 1974, I had just got up and gone to take a shower. As soon as I got back to my dorm room there was a knock on the door, so with a towel around my waist I answered, and there stood Bill Clinton with his hand out. I shook it (holding up the towel with the other hand...), he introduced himself and asked if I was registered to vote, and if he could count on my vote in November. He was running for the Arkansas 3rd Congressional District, against the incumbent Republican John Paul Hammerschmidt. I informed him that yes I was registered, but in a different district and my own Democratic Congressman would get my support. He informed me that there was still time to change my registration and support him, to which I politely declined. He shook me hand again and went off to knock on the door of the next dormitory room.

Clinton lost that election, but two years later he ran for office as Arkansas Attorney General and won, then two years after that ran for Governor and won.

advertisement

Back