advertisement

My New Car (warning more Porsche content)

That's a pretty decent looking car too GnT.
Two totally different models - but interesting to see how well they have managed the design so you can see the lineage.

Well I started this thread with the arrival of the Macan, and then the 2015 911 Targa 4S....well nearly 3 years later and the 3 year term on Targa is ending, so it is goodbye

20190416_173118 by uh_simon, on Flickr

we have enjoyed this brilliantly specced car immensely - will be sad to see this go, but overjoyed to sit in this for the next three years.

Inked20220113_151942_LI by uh_simon, on Flickr

20220113_152001 by uh_simon, on Flickr

20220113_152103 by uh_simon, on Flickr

2019 911 (992) Carrera S Convertible with PTV, PDCC, PSE, BOSE, and some other stuff......3.0l flat 6, twin turbo. Sounds glorious, different to the 991. Feels alot better put together than the 991, which I guess is to be expected given it's next gen.

Left me grinning on the test drive......Mrs thinks it is way more comfortable to sit in, and she likes the updated tech/screen etc.

Pickup next week subject, to number plate reassignment, insurance faff......

Looks good!

What do you think of the Bose?

Early version in OH's 996 is very boomy at decent volumes.

i quite like the bass (I listen to grime and drum'n'bass etc) - i think it is a worthwhile addon. You can use the controls to tone it down....

My Boxster 981 had it and the Macan....I think it works better in a bigger vehicle. In the Targa the original owner specced the Burmester (a £3k addon) and i am not sure in a small cabin space it is worth it. I have heard the Burmester in a Macan and it sounded great. Anyway - probably spend more time listening to the engine....which is what i did in the Targa

Get the point about the bigger vehicle; it's almost as if there isn't enough space in the 996 to install a decent sub.

We listen to a lot of DnB, organ, Psytrance and reggae so bass management is always an issue.

Specced Burm in the Macan, i hardly ever change cars so can depreciate the extra over 25 years.

Specced Burm in the Macan, i hardly ever change cars so can depreciate the extra over 25 years.

I heard the Burm in a Macan i had on loan when my Macan was in for a service, a far better implementation than in my 981. I still hanker after another Macan, I really liked it. The 2022 version is a nice place to be (had a sit in one yesterday whilst i was hanging around the dealership). Dealer tells me "alot" of customers are waiting on the release of the EV Macan - still no date though....

Just beautiful. Do any of those initials mean it’s automatic? Heard good things about the Porsche auto box (although obvs at 6’8” never driven one).

Just beautiful. Do any of those initials mean it’s automatic? Heard good things about the Porsche auto box (although obvs at 6’8” never driven one).

no the initials PDK (which it does have) stand for Porsche Doppel Kupplungs getriebe and means Porsche double-clutch transmission - 8 speed auto. I have never owned a manual box Porsche. In fact the last manual i had was an SLK 350, then my ankle problems meant clutches are difficult for me use with my left foot. The PDK box can change gear far quicker that i ever could. Sometimes i use the paddles in manual mode.

Reactions: mjw
Well I started this thread with the arrival of the Macan, and then the 2015 911 Targa 4S....well nearly 3 years later and the 3 year term on Targa is ending, so it is goodbye

we have enjoyed this brilliantly specced car immensely - will be sad to see this go, but overjoyed to sit in this for the next three years.

2019 911 (992) Carrera S Convertible with PTV, PDCC, PSE, BOSE, and some other stuff......3.0l flat 6, twin turbo. Sounds glorious, different to the 991. Feels alot better put together than the 991, which I guess is to be expected given it's next gen.

Left me grinning on the test drive......Mrs thinks it is way more comfortable to sit in, and she likes the updated tech/screen etc.

Are you going to wear your new coat to pick it up? Then you could drive it home with the top down if it’s a bit nippy, and the world would be dazzled by both car and coat simultaneously.

collected

20220125-160941.jpg

went for quick 30 mile spin. Different driving to the 991 steering is way sharper, more eager under acceleration.

Interior is way better put together- but better insulation means you hear less of the engine and exhaust. With the roof down you can hear it all loud and clear.

Serious car. Lovely.
Way beyond my means, & maybe I’m beginning to go past the stage where I could justify that level of expenditure.
Doesn’t stop me from looking at them & thinking “ wow”.
Enjoy.

Very nice hope you enjoy it, funnily enough almost bought a new Targa that our local dealer was selling off the showroom floor before Christmas.. Was the same colour and the boss had her eye on it! However as I’m currently waiting delivery of something completely different any day now, we thought we’d see how we get on with that before buying another Porsche lol..

advertisement

Back