advertisement

My New Car (warning more Porsche content)

I can assure after a day, you'd want rid in that colour - I speak from experience.
Lol. I have a friend who owns a 2008 Cayenne GTS in black, and he said with ceramic paint treatment, waxing and polishing, black is a PITA as he has to wash his car frequently and that colour absorbs the sun's heat. He was contemplating going with white on his next SUV.

Lol. I have a friend who owns a 2008 Cayenne GTS in black, and he said with ceramic paint treatment, waxing and polishing, black is a PITA as he has to wash his car frequently and that colour absorbs the sun's heat. He was contemplating going with white on his next SUV.

All colours show up muck. The only colour that seems to suffer less is silver.

Dolomite Silver Metallic looks nice.

iris

stronger colours shine through IME. I had a Cav in a metallic burgundy that was great. It never looked dirty and after washing it just looked brighter. Similarly The Indestructible Mondeo was a dark green and looked fine when dirty, as did an Astra in a mid blue. I think metallics do better in this regard for the same reason.

I've done some LCA calcs as part of my job - even helped write papers on it. The answer is "...it depends"- sometime BEVs win (e.g. smaller battery compacts in France, where the grid carbon intensity is consistently low) and other times the break even is surprisingly long. With the potential advent of HVO100 paraffinic diesel that will become available at increasing scale as we go through this decade, then, for real-world single-car households doing average mileage/year, a future diesel EU7 running on that fuel will be hard to beat on an LCA basis. Not a politically correct answer though.

burning stuff is never going to be the way out of the climate emergency, no matter how much the fossil fuel industry may want it to be so!

burning stuff is never going to be the way out of the climate emergency, no matter how much the fossil fuel industry may want it to be so!
It's multi-factor approach that will be needed with proper LCA accounting. Force-fitting of a single technology approach will just delay things, for all energy-using sectors, not only for transportation. The consequences otherwise are that there will be severe critical raw materials shortages that will hit in the mid 2030's, if not earlier.

The consequences otherwise are that there will be severe critical raw materials shortages that will hit in the mid 2030's, if not earlier.
Shorteages; that's what they have been saying about oil lots of times... Let that be no excuse!

advertisement

Back