advertisement

Music you should like but don't

Pretty much all of Bob Dylan's output - I just can't get past his whining voice.......and he's a tart and a fraud

By not liking it you are missing out. Having heard doesn't mean you aren't missing anything.

By not liking it you are missing out. Having heard doesn't mean you aren't missing anything.

OK then, as we only have so much time for anything and I prefer coffee to tea, I'll admit I'm missing out on the pleasure of tea when I drink coffee. But I have tried tea many, many times and just prefer coffee. So is it a crime against humanity that I don't like everything, I don't think so? We can't all like everything, wouldn't you agree?

Some people think that if they like something not many people appreciate (in any area of the arts) they have some kind of aesthetic superiority over the rest of us. You are not like that, are you?.

There are 2 questions here for your consideration, reply at your leisure young man.

Pretty much all of Bob Dylan's output - I just can't get past his whining voice.......and he's a tart and a fraud

Strong words my friend, can we see you can back them up? Bob is such a great artist I can't understand why you think he is a tart or a fraud. I suspect you are the tart and the fraud and only wish to draw attention to yourself.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the purpose of this thread was to highlight examples of music that (on paper) are consistent with your taste but for some reason just miss the mark. Judging by the rate that it's descended into 'Artist X is crap' vs. 'it's all just subjective' territory, I was obviously wrong. Depressing.

As someone with a Hi-Fi and a keen interest in music, I'm supposed to like Jazz.

But I just find it a load of noodling pointless bilge. All of it. I've tried endless times to force myself to keep listening, but I just have to switch it off.

its music i have been told i should like (but dont)

So, it follows from the original post that you are either a huge Beefheart fan (other than TMR), or you are a fan of loads of music that's stylistically similar, just not this particular example?

TMR being what it is, I reckon we can safely rule option 2 out.

advertisement

Back