advertisement

Music you should like but don't

"2" is *infinitely* superior to "1" - the Fripp production is a breath of fresh air.

If you want to hear the best version of "Here Comes the Flood", the version for solo piano, bookended by some Frippertronics on "Exposure" can't be beaten.

All IMHO of course

I understand that Gabriel prefers the "Exposure" version of "Here Comes The Flood" too.

just cannot seem to get into music by Tom Waits .... I enjoy all types of music?? .... another one is captain Beefhearts trout mask replica

I understand that Gabriel prefers the "Exposure" version of "Here Comes The Flood" too.

I think that's why he always seems to perform it solo with piano live most times, (one of the few songs that routinely gives me the spine tingles)

Late 60's American psychedelic music just doesn't do it for me: Jefferson Airplane, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Country Joe and the Fish, Grateful Dead etc. They all have a couple of decent tunes, but I can't condone most of it, especially the extended, mind-numbing pointless noodling. In fact, any permutation of "jam-band" type music (phish, Gov't Mule, et al) drives me toward the exits.

-Richard

Britpop, by and large. Bought the box set, and as a Yankee, didn't get it. I love Oasis, though. I'll bet that statement could start a flame war around here.

advertisement

Back