advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see him as a bit like Shawn Wright Phillips, great at his own club, but probably a peripheral player at the top six.

He has more ability, but he does not react well to being away from his familiar surroundings so any club would have to be close by. He gets plenty of adulation. Big fish in a medium sized pond but one that is based in London and high profile compared to most clubs outside the top six. Palace fans by and large, love him. He is hugely well paid, hasn't got to worry about an international career beyond being a first name on the sheet for his adopted Ivory Coast. Not much to gain and a lot to lose, I would have thought.

I guess that depends (with respect) on how keen he is to win something.

If he wants to win something, that means City or Liverpool - he wouldn't be a regular in either. Utd and Chelsea are obviously out and I seriously question whether he would be a regular for Spurs, possibly not even Arsenal either. Any other club stands a puncher's chance of a second tier trophy, so no better than Palace. Much as I like him at Palace, he doesn't finish well enough to be considered in that top four company, imo of course.

Personally I do not want Wilf to leave but if he did and went to one of the so called top clubs he would have more freedom because he gets marked by sometimes two or three players and gets a kicking most games for Palace. I have seen a full back at a top club body check him in NHL style and a player at the bottom team for EPL fouls deliberately rake his achilles and every thing in between.

I know that it happens but the sign for a big team mantra means that 86 other teams just become feeders for the the top six and to a lesser extent lower down the EPL and championship which is not good for football and is perhaps why I have heard people say they prefer football in the championship!

I'd be very happy if Zaha moves on. Anything that further weakens the Croydon team is fine by me.

I'd be very happy if Zaha moves on. Anything that further weakens the Croydon team is fine by me.

Some of the crap you come out with suggests to me that you do not have much genuine knowledge and are probably a juvenile, Just a short while back, and excuse me as I have no interest in your team we were told that some winger you had was better than Zaha .
As some one born in the next Road to Selhurst Park and been a supporter for over 75 years we have been located in SE25 for all that time not Croydon and our support comes from Bromley, Streatham, Dulwich,Crystal Palace, Beckenham as well as Croydon etc

Some of the crap you come out with suggests to me that you do not have much genuine knowledge and are probably a juvenile

FWIW I have supported BHA for over 50 years.

ust a short while back, and excuse me as I have no interest in your team we were told that some winger you had was better than Zaha

I never said that, perhaps your memory is failing you.

Rooney may be past his prime, but he can still deliver moments of greatness.

Reactions: BJP
With Frank Lampard coming in to manage Chelsea, the club's youngsters are lining up to sign long-term contracts.

They include Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Callum Hudson-Odoi and Mason Mount. https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...vinced-to-sign-by-frank-lampard-a4181211.html

Mount did well under Lampard, while he was out on loan to Derby last season.

It feels exciting, even though there's a transfer ban on. We don't have to wait around while a huge amount of money is spent on some international forward who has seen better days.

This doesn't mean Chelsea shouldn't fork out a lot of cash for a world star next next summer. They've got the money from Hazard for a start.

Chelsea need to find the right balance of academy graduates and transferred stars. Frank Lampard will hopefully achieve this.

Jack

I’m looking forward to next season as a Chelsea fan. Partly to see Lamps in the dugout, part to see a much needed change of direction and watching our younger players develop on the pitch, partly to feel a sense stability, but mostly to enjoy the transfer ban by taking every opportunity to make snide comments on pink fish about the teams who are only above us because of the money they’ve spent.

Such rank hypocrisy is just what all the other club’s supporters would expect of Chelsea supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back