advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagull

Seabird flavour member
Well, the fixtures are out, for the EPL at least. https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures?co=1&cl=-1

Watford away for us to start with, again.

Looks like I'm going to have to miss the Burnley game as Miss Seagull starts back at Uni that weekend (no great loss though, they've been terrible games the last couple of seasons).

At the moment no mid-week home fixtures for us, which is good as it takes us ages to get home after the game, not good on a school night.

Chelsea start against Utd at Old Trafford, which should be an easy game.

Frank Lampard is odds on to be the next manager and Rio Ferdinand thinks he should be appointed. https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...r-transfer-ban-set-to-be-upheld-a4165466.html

Sarri has agreed to a two year deal with Juventus. His agent has met Blues director Marina Granovskaia to finalize his departure.

Callum Hudson-Odoi has been offered Eden Hazard's number 10 shirt. The 18 year old says he will sign a new deal if he is guaranteed to be part of the first-team squad. https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/12/callum-hudson-odoi-ready-sign-new-chelsea-deal-one-condition-9915463/

Things are beginning to look good, even with a transfer ban in place.

Jack

franklampard1206.jpg

PL predictions :-

Champions - Liverpool
Runners-up - City (subject to not being deducted points for cheating)
3rd - Spurs
4th - Arsenal
5th - Chelsea
6th - Man U

Relegated - Norwich, Brighton & Villa.

Liverpool will finish top of the Premier League and Chelsea will come third.

Spurs will hobble in fifth. Poch and Kane will do a runner to other teams. At least they won't need a bag to carry their trophies.

Jack

PL predictions :-

Relegated - Norwich, Burnley & Villa.

Fixed that for you.

I am quite optimistic about this season, new manager, new approach and some entertaining games (I think we could be the new Bournemouth, but with a better defence).

Potter is good at getting youngsters going, we have some decent youngsters in the U23s that never got a look-in with Hughton.

City to come top, Liverpool second, all those dodgy goals they got last season will dry up now VAR is coming in. Chelsea will come a respectable 10th now Hazard has gone and they cant buy anyone to replace him.

Chelsea start against Utd at Old Trafford, which should be an easy game.

Frank Lampard is odds on to be the next manager and Rio Ferdinand thinks he should be appointed. https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...r-transfer-ban-set-to-be-upheld-a4165466.html

Sarri has agreed to a two year deal with Juventus. His agent has met Blues director Marina Granovskaia to finalize his departure.

Callum Hudson-Odoi has been offered Eden Hazard's number 10 shirt. The 18 year old says he will sign a new deal if he is guaranteed to be part of the first-team squad. https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/12/callum-hudson-odoi-ready-sign-new-chelsea-deal-one-condition-9915463/

Things are beginning to look good, even with a transfer ban in place.

Jack

franklampard1206.jpg
Frank Lampard with, just as important Jody Morris, and a transfer ban, would be great. I don’t care if we win nothing this coming year, putting faith in some old and some new in the likes of CHO would be great for the sort of football I’d pay to see at The Bridge.

I’ll take all the grief from the Mancs etc if we don’t do great this season, because if we put some faith in our old boys and our youth system instead of the bonkers recruitment system we have now, we’ll come good next year.

We’ll be building a team for the future

Frank Lampard with, just as important Jody Morris, and a transfer ban, would be great.
Absolutely agree with that.
A real opportunity to build a new side with a nucleus of home grown talent instead of buying overpriced (and often over the hill) foreign players.
I suspect that when Kante returns to his correct position we might also see the best of Jorginho.
My only concern in the medium term is that if Lamps does a good job how long will it be gefore the FA come knocking?

Not looking forward to VAR hopefully as the season progresses decisions will get quicker but I can see some fiascoes along the way.

Man City - top
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs

Utd will spend big , Chelsea have got too many good players not to be in the top three , Liverpool can't possibly get all them 50-50 breaks , Arsenal rebuilding , Spurs had their chance and weren't up to it , can't see them improving so sixth .

Fair point but I do sense a change in thinking at Chelsea but this could of course be wishful thinking.:D
Fingers crossed we get Lamps. With Cech as Technical Direction and the pair working together, we could solve a recruitment problem we’ve been suffering from for years, namely buying players based on past reputations or some impressive Opta stats from a short season rather than buying players who ‘fit’; fit the team and the style of play.

If we get a change of direction I might renew my membership. If Corbs changes direction and backs Remain, he might keep my membership too. Both of which would give us hope for a better future on the European stage!!

Here’s hoping.

Frank Lampard with, just as important Jody Morris, and a transfer ban, would be great. I don’t care if we win nothing this coming year, putting faith in some old and some new in the likes of CHO would be great for the sort of football I’d pay to see at The Bridge.

I’ll take all the grief from the Mancs etc if we don’t do great this season, because if we put some faith in our old boys and our youth system instead of the bonkers recruitment system we have now, we’ll come good next year.

We’ll be building a team for the future

Completely agree with you. It would be great if Lampard and Jody Morris built a team for the future, instead of Chelsea chasing a short term goal. You also mentioned Petr Cech coming in as technical director. Unfortunately Gianfranco Zola will probably go in the process and I like him.

Most of the supporters would appreciate it. They don't like Sarri very much, despite the fact that he helped Chelsea to come third in the PL and win The Europa Cup.

What we want is a club to be proud of. Getting a trophy and finishing in the top four isn't enough.

Jack

If we get a change of direction I might renew my membership.
That's pretty much where I am at the moment.
I only managed 4 games last season as travelling from France is quite an effort especially when the style of play is slow, predictable and boring.
Lamps is Chelsea through and through and will immediately have the fans onside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back