advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such rank hypocrisy is just what all the other club’s supporters would expect of Chelsea supporters.
I doubt whether 'all the other club's supporters' would choose, as a spokesman, a supporter of a club who are just about to be found guilty of cheating for the second time in the last few years and banned from europe as a consequence.

Such rank hypocrisy is just what all the other club’s supporters would expect of Chelsea supporters.
I don’t think so

All your post reveals is the incapacity of MANCs, who let’s face it, are only on nodding terms with the English language, to understand irony....

...and their total lack of any semblance of humour or self reflection (just look at Oasis)

Being a Chelsea supporter I think we let Hazard go to Real on the cheap £88 plus add ons to maybe £150 M and yet we buy Kovacic for £45 M. Unfortunately played all season hardly did an assist and didn’t score a goal. I think when you look at his 3 year tenure at Real I don’t think he did much there.

Regards,

Martin

Pat Nevin's take, including a bit of reality. ;) https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48766393
Considering many people (though not me) thought last season was a failure, do you really see Chelsea this time around getting third in the Premier League, winning a major European trophy and just missing out on a domestic trophy against Manchester City by the width of a post?

If Frank "only" got another top-four finish I think that would be astounding, but Maurizio Sarri was roundly criticised for doing much better than that while completely overhauling the team's style. The standards demanded at Chelsea are that high.

Congratulations Frank.
A nice bloke.
But it illustrates just how far Chelsea have fallen that they are taking a punt on a totally unproven novice.
They’ll do well to make top 6 next season, then we’ll see how tolerant the Russian mafiosi is.

If Lamps turns out to be half as good a signing as he was 18 years ago we're in for an interesting time.
Last permanent English manager at Chelsea was Glenn Hoddle back in 1996 and he was none too shabby - hopefully this appointment doesn't end in the same way as that one.

Gary Lineker thinks Frank will do fine. https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/chelsea-fans-love-lineker-lampard-16532927

"Writing on social networking website Twitter, Gary Lineker said: "Congratulations to Frank Lampard with his appointment at @ChelseaFC. Lack of experience won’t be an issue. If you’ve got it, you’ve got it, and I suspect Frank has it. Wish him well."

It's going to be quite exciting. Chelsea might have won The Europa Cup last year, and come 3rd in the PL, but a lot of the time the games were painful to watch, as was second guessing what scruffygit Sarri would do.

Bring on Mediocre Utd. They deserve a thrashing.

Jack

Last edited:
Atletico Madrid have paid 120million Euros for a 19 year old , Joao Felix from Benfica .

Pre-season checklist coming along:
No manager
2714.png
no signings
2714.png
season tickets being cancelled
2714.png
no takeover
2714.png
no ambition
2714.png
no communication
2714.png
treating fans with contempt
2714.png
no comment
2714.png
clean slates for incompetent players
2714.png

That is depressing for any football fan, a large working class following and treated in such a way.
Hope the club manages to withstand the onslaught.

I will try never to moan about my team again, well hardly ever

Bloss

Pre-season checklist coming along:
No manager
2714.png
no signings
2714.png
season tickets being cancelled
2714.png
no takeover
2714.png
no ambition
2714.png
no communication
2714.png
treating fans with contempt
2714.png
no comment
2714.png
clean slates for incompetent players
2714.png
I thought this was the Chelsea line up under Sarri, with Kante so far on the right wing that he’s off the page

Looks like Newcastle are about to appoint “Mr. Loyalty”.

Dead certs for relegation I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back