advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone.
Rafael Benitez: Newcastle United manager to leave club - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48746689

The "takeover" will now stall and we'll have Pardew back in August.
Do not renew your season tickets.

Sounds like you could soon be riding camels and rolling in dosh.

"There has been talk of Newcastle owner Mike Ashley being in talks to sell the club to United Arab Emirates billionaire Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nahyan's investment group this summer."

I guess anyone would be an improvement on Mike Ashley.

Jack

Ashley does not want to sell.
I've lived in Manchester since 1985. I'm on the verge of transferring my support to Man City.

881.gif
better get on Newcastle to be relegated before the 3-1 goes .

Ashley does not want to sell.
I've lived in Manchester since 1985. I'm on the verge of transferring my support to Man City.

He's like a cloud of fart gas browning out a blue sky.

I wouldn't like to be in your shoes. As long as you know City will never win The Champions League with Pep in charge, I guess there will be no serious harm done.

Jack

That a big call changing support of your main club , how about following Salford City ?
They're 99% red.

Latest rumour re takeover is: "Kenyon without a pot to piss in, no time for transfers, a sh*ttier manager and no doubt a clause for SD shit to remain in the ground/club shop for years."

Chelsea have signed a 45 Million deal to secure Mateo Kovacic, who they had on loan from Real Madrid.

Kovacic appeared 51 times for Chelsea last season and didn't score a goal.

The management are up to their usual idiot tricks. They've paid an exorbitant amount of money for a pedestrian player, instead of bringing Chelsea's own talent through.

Jack

Chelsea have signed a 45 Million deal to secure Mateo Kovacic, who they had on loan from Real Madrid.

Kovacic appeared 51 times for Chelsea last season and didn't score a goal.

The management are up to their usual idiot tricks. They've paid an exorbitant amount of money for a pedestrian player, instead of bringing Chelsea's own talent through.

Jack
I'll reserve judgement on Kovacic until I've seen him perform under the new manager as Sarri's speciality was trying to fit round pegs into square holes.;)

I'll reserve judgement on Kovacic until I've seen him perform under the new manager as Sarri's speciality was trying to fit round pegs into square holes.;)
I said at the start of last season that I could see Kovacic and Kanye as two holding midfielders, each taking it in turn to bomb forward, each covering for the other. If only Sarri had listened to me he’d have kept his job and we’d have won the league by a country mile.

Gerrard to Newcastle to cement their odds as favourites for relegation in the coming season.

Gerrard to Newcastle to cement their odds as favourites for relegation in the coming season.
Good.
Anyone who renews their season ticket deserves the worst.
Spineless b##tards.
Unless there's a change of ownership I'll be supporting whoever our opposition is on a game by game basis. And Man City.

Good.
Anyone who renews their season ticket deserves the worst.
Spineless b##tards.
Unless there's a change of ownership I'll be supporting whoever our opposition is on a game by game basis. And Man City.

Thought the club had been bought by the cousin of the City main owner and Ashley was fecking off. BTW I don't think Stevie will be heading to St James anytime soon.

Lampard, too soon. Unreliable set up. Will end in tears.

It's exactly the right time for Frank to come back to Chelsea as manager. Because of the transfer ban, and the fact that Abramovich will reportedly give him a few years, the pressure is off to a certain extent.

Frank is Chelsea's leading goalscorer, played 429 games for them and 106 for England. John Terry thinks he is the perfect man for the job.

“Frank was under pressure to succeed at Chelsea the day he arrived from West Ham and he never hid from that. He reveled in it and went on to become Chelsea’s greatest-ever player.

“What made him that player was his desire to drain every ounce out of his body and that of everyone around him in training. Then, when he was done, he’d go out and practice free-kicks and shooting on his own for another half hour. People would be amazed at his goal return but they just didn’t realize how much dedication was put into that and his whole game. He is just as exacting on himself now as a manager.”

Jack

Jack how many great players have made great managers? In fact, most of the best managers were pretty average players. Completely different skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back