advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not Lampard turns out to be a great manager is a judgement that can only be made in the long term. He might be an abject failure at Chelsea but go on to greatness elsewhere. Or not.

What Lampard represents for me in the here and now is a change. A much needed change. A change away from balance sheet football where players are bought because they have good opta stats rather than a consideration of how they will fit into a team and a style of play. A change away from hiring managers who will only survive while they maintain a winning streak, and then not always.

I’m hoping that Lampard and Cech and Morris, will enable a change to a recruitment policy where players are bought for reasons to do with football rather than a spreadsheet. I’m hoping the transfer ban stays in place so that the young players get a chance to play and demonstrate their worth.

Whether or not Lampard turns out to be a great manager is a judgement that can only be made in the long term. He might be an abject failure at Chelsea but go on to greatness elsewhere. Or not.

What Lampard represents for me in the here and now is a change. A much needed change. A change away from balance sheet football where players are bought because they have good opta stats rather than a consideration of how they will fit into a team and a style of play. A change away from hiring managers who will only survive while they maintain a winning streak, and then not always.

I’m hoping that Lampard and Cech and Morris, will enable a change to a recruitment policy where players are bought for reasons to do with football rather than a spreadsheet. I’m hoping the transfer ban stays in place so that the young players get a chance to play and demonstrate their worth.

Sounds good to me.

Jack

The Stags to go up this session, and Forest to flirt with relegation...

I do some work at Field Mill, amongst other grounds, and it's a stadium deserving of a bigger club/league. Shame they can't seem to fill it, they're due a good run. I used to go in the mid to late 90s when I lived at Kirkby.

On the face of it Marina Granovskaia appears to have far too much power and influence on footballing matters - sadly I don't see that changing any time soon.

On the face of it Marina Granovskaia appears to have far too much power and influence on footballing matters - sadly I don't see that changing any time soon.
Yes, she’s definitely the power behind the throne. I suspect anyone who upsets her will find that a couple of unsmiling men in dark suits would ‘ave a word’, but hopefully if Cech and Lamps can work together they can, very gently, put some footballing logic to her.

Don't you think he deserves another shot at a bigger club - he is a class act?

Frankly no. He is class but would be bench warming a lot. He needs regular first team football and would be appreciated more where he is.

Frankly no. He is class but would be bench warming a lot. He needs regular first team football and would be appreciated more where he is.
I obviously don't watch him as much as you do but from what I've seen he walks into any PL side with the exception of City & Liverpool.
Of course he can go off the boil like all flair players but class is permanent.

I see him as a bit like Shawn Wright Phillips, great at his own club, but probably a peripheral player at the top six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back