advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot stand Sullivan, Gold and Brady. Nothing against the fans, but I hope West Ham are relegated because of them three. And to top it all, Moyes is now spouting off about how good he is etc etc. The man has done very little worthwhile since leaving Everton and I know many Evertonians were happy to see him go. West Ham were happy to see him go not so long back and he is only back again because they are desperate. Moyes wanted to bring in Stuart Pearce as his Number 2, but that was vetoed by Sullivan, Gold and Brady because he apparently spoke out about them in criticism at some point. Surely it's about what is best for West Ham on the football pitch, not personal feelings? Moyes should have declined at that point, but he's desperate to remain in the game and opportunities are now severely limited because of his poor record.

The London Stadium move has been a disaster for West Ham. It will never be a proper Football Stadium until they knock it down and do what Tottenham wanted to do and rebuild it. Fan's are too far away from the pitch and it appears soulless to me. Good facilities though.

We were terrible in the first half last night.

Stephens was in the wrong place for their first goal. It was an experimental team but it didn't work. Potter will have learnt from it though.

An interesting switch at the end when Dunk was brought off for Bernado (in my opinion he's our best left back) who took over as left sided central defender leaving 6'7" Burn at left back.

Still not too worried as THREE of the teams below us need to get 7 more points than us for us to be relegated.

@seagull Hopefully, Newcastle can do you a favour tonight and get 3 points at Bournemouth. However, we are not the best travellers normally, so who knows what Newcastle team will turn up. Bournemouth are desperate for points, so let's hope it is a good attacking game.

Well done to West Ham tonight, a good win over Chelsea, 3-2. That's a double over them this season too - @jackbarron will not be happy on this display. Chelsea were pretty average on this display, but it's probably a one-off with games catching up with players. You could see that the West Ham players are still fighting for Moyes and the Club. On this display, they should stay up.

Bournemouth were woeful against Newcastle and it looked like they weren't even trying. I cannot see them surviving relegation.

Wigan news broke up thread @Bob McC

Fully deserved win tonight again with a scratch side.
Where Antonio gets his energy from is beyond me.
A pity that there wasn't 60k watching that tonight, the place would've been bouncing.
Agree with Stuart Frazer above regarding the scummy owners but never in a million years would I want relegation.

West Ham deserved to win. They occasionally played well and more importantly scored. Chelsea didn't when they needed to, no matter how much they controlled the game. Hence they lost 3 - 2.

Azpi-Dave brought on West Ham's first goal by acting like a dickhead in the box before a corner. Luckily for us it was disallowed after a long VAR diagnosis.

Pulisic and Willian are Chelsea's most consistent attackers. The latter scored with a superb free kick from outside the box.

It gets boring to watch Chelsea cross the ball god knows how many times when nobody connects with it. Bring on Timo Werner.

We could have been third in the PL tonight. Oh well ...

Jack

West Ham deserved to win. They occasionally played well and more importantly scored. Chelsea didn't when they needed to, no matter how much they controlled the game. Hence they lost 3 - 2.

Azpi-Dave brought on West Ham's first goal by acting like a dickhead in the box before a corner. Luckily for us it was disallowed after a long VAR diagnosis.

Pulisic and Willian are Chelsea's most consistent attackers. The latter scored with a superb free kick from outside the box.

It gets boring to watch Chelsea cross the ball god knows how many times when nobody connects with it. Bring on Timo Werner.

Jack
Not sure what the controversy over the first goal is about? How can a player be 2 yards from goal and not be interfering with play and the reply clearly demonstrated the offside?

West Ham deserved the win. Too many mistakes at the back again. Alonso was at fault for the Hammers winner, he’s a liability going back and he cost us. Rudiger was poor for the goal too, he allowed Yarmolenko to cut inside When all he had to do was show him down the outside. Baffling

Jack

Thought Chelsea played fairly well, notably Pulisic who was playing at a higher intensity than some of his team mates. Sky commentators were having a go at Alonso though. Seems he's on his way out.

Not sure what the controversy over the first goal is about? How can a player be 2 yards from goal and not be interfering with play and the reply clearly demonstrated the offside?

West Ham deserved the win. Too many mistakes at the back again. Alonso was at fault for the Hammers winner, he’s a liability going back and he cost us. Rudiger was poor for the goal too, he allowed Yarmolenko to cut inside When all he had to do was show him down the outside. Baffling

I agree and hope Chelsea buy some defenders. Rudiger and Alonso have been great but need to be replaced.

Jack

Antonio was on his arse, Kepa had a clear view of the ball.
Soucek hit the ball into the ground without it touching Antonio.
Chelsea got lucky with that imo.
If VAR had ruled it out for Antonio's fingernail being in an offside position then fair enough.

Last edited:
Antonio was on his arse, Kepa had a clear view of the ball.
Soucek hit the ball into the ground without it touching Antonio.
Chelsea got lucky with that imo.
If VAR had ruled it out for Antonio's fingernail being in an offside position then fair enough.
He was quite literally head and shoulders offside. As has been said before, if an attacking player in the 6 yards is not interfering with play, what the hell is he doing there?

That said, it looked a goal in real time and the ref gave it. He was however, offside by a Margin that was very clear and obvious

Kepa was at fault for the goal anyway. Kante was stood right next to him, but Kepa decided to run into him anyway. He has the peripheral vision of a blinkered horse.

The worse defensive display I’ve seen all season from Dave clowning about for the VAR goal to Alonso, Rudiger & Christensen a night to forget.
Frank needs to invest in a back four badly what we have isn’t good enough.

Regards,

Martin

Ok, the handball call against Moura was the worst I've seen (since yesterday).

Never been a fan of Dier as a midfielder, but must admit, he looks like a very capable CB.

Just looked at the score and we are 3-0 up at half time with Foden running the show. I didn't expect that with our creaky defence. 5-0 would be good....

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back