advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
No balls, no class, no guts, no fight.
Humiliated.
You are welcome to your asterisked trophy LiVARpool.
City will have the proper one back next season.

Ok, the handball call against Moura was the worst I've seen (since yesterday).

Never been a fan of Dier as a midfielder, but must admit, he looks like a very capable CB.

Mourinho is a scream....Goes on about Moura and yet forgets the Sanchez handball that gave Spurs their first goal versus us a week or two ago:D

I loved the interview with Klopp. He wasn't taking any crap from the reporter, and I actually clapped at one point! We're lucky to have two of the best managers I've ever seen leading teams against each other.
But the handball rule leading up to a goal is ridiculous, IMO. And not because it went against us!

I loved the interview with Klopp. He wasn't taking any crap from the reporter, and I actually clapped at one point! We're lucky to have two of the best managers I've ever seen leading teams against each other.
But the handball rule leading up to a goal is ridiculous, IMO. And not because it went against us!
He came across as a bad loser to me (and I like Klopp, particularly his politics).

He came across as a bad loser to me (and I like Klopp, particularly his politics).

Thought he was a bit irritated. 4-0 would have hurt (even if half his team forgot to put in their contact lenses) - and it will be remembered. Yet the score line flatters a bit - Liverpool could easily have scored 2 or 3. That said, City were clinical. KDB is an amazing player.

For once it was the Liverpool defence that looked flustered. Mind you, when the City attackers are in that form, who wouldn't be? I thought Foden's goal was perfection, that give and go and take the return and score was sublime. I think that's the first time I've seen him smile!
But if we had paid the asking price for van Dijk, I'm pretty certain we would have been champions, not Liverpool.

Foden is a great talent, KDB the best player in the league on his day and LFC went ragged after the second goal. They should have been 2 up before the pen but Mane/Salah were well out of sorts. I suspect that other than Henderson, most gave up after an hour with the glittering prize they've coveted already secured?

Klopp: "How to deal with becoming champions on Thursday night and then playing one of the best teams in the world a week later? I don't think there's a book to read. They had nothing to lose, we had nothing to win."

Maybe the post-celebration hangover that Liverpool seem to have will let Villa do a number on them at the weekend and give us a chance of staying up?

Ooh look, over there, a pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back