1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by ks.234, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Mongeddavid

Mongeddavid pfm Member

Well done Liverpool Champions of England Europe and the World amazing team Klopp has been the best signing we have made in a long long time.

cooky1257, AnilS, wacko and 2 others like this.
  2. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Well done Liverpool

cooky1257 likes this.
  3. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Nice one Chelsea and Liverpool. Three excellent goals - one by Pulisic, as I mentioned before. A great dipping free kick from outside the box by City's De Bryne, which Kepa had no chance of saving. And then a fine penalty by Willian, who didn't buckle under the pressure.

Liverpool are easily the best team in the League. It's great to see the celebrations going on in the city. King Kenny has been accused of crying, but says he's got a glass eye.

Chelsea have to go above Leicester next.

Oh, and they need to get rid of Kepa. I think he's still the most expensive goal keeper in the world. One thing is for sure, he's really foolish sometimes.

Jack

martin dawson, Spiderous and Hook like this.
  4. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Congrats to LFC, Premier League CHAMPIONS!

cooky1257 and tqineil like this.
  5. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Chelsea looked great today. Really strong team effort. Lampard is having a fine first season, and the team looks poised to compete for titles next year.

6. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

Congratulations to Liverpool.

tqineil likes this.
  7. jackbarron

Certainly hope you're right.

Jack

8. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

World, European and Premier League Champions, just for the record. That’s some Triple.

tqineil likes this.
  9. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

An emotional evening, well done Liverpool and thanks to those classy EPL clubs who congratulated the team this evening.

It’s just over 30 years since I lost my best friend in my arms at the Lepping Lane end In Sheffield and tonight I’ll raise a glass to lost friends & family together with Jurgen who will always have a special place in our history... it’s only footie but hey, it still matters
    YNWA

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  10. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

To win it at only 31 games played* and with such a huge (current)points margin* is extraordinary. Fantastic season, fantastic performance. YNWA.

jackbarron and Spiderous like this.
  11. seagull

seagull Seabird flavour member

Good results for us again in this round of games. So far we have gained more points (4) from our two games than the five teams below us have in total from eleven games (3 points). That leaves us six points clear with seven games to play plus easily the best goal difference. Much better than just 2 points clear. Three of those teams need to get at least 7 points more than us in the remaining games for us to go down.

I'm not expecting much from our next three home games (Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City) it depends how motivated they are, you never know. We have a good record against Utd at home in the Prem (P2 W2) but they are pushing for the top 4. Liverpool? Klopp will be up for it, will the players? Also City* should know their fate regarding Europe next season, what effect will that have?

The real shame is that I can't go and watch those games at the Amex, they are precisely the games supporters want to see, your team up against the best in the League.

The real banana skin is Norwich away, a game we should win but probably won't.

Our final three games are against teams that we should be competing with (Southampton, Newcastle and Burnley) so we should get something from those. If we don't it doesn't bode well for next season. If we do then I think we have the players to flourish next season.

Would be nice to get to 40+ points, even though we won't need that many to survive.

*City still owe us for the cleaning bill after the mess they made of our stadium with their end of season party last year.

12. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I think what's really happened here is that Liverpool have just continued with the fantastic form they showed in the 2018/2019 season when they were pipped for the title by City.
    Conversely City's level has dropped quite dramatically when you consider they've lost 25% of their matches this season - the rest are nowhere near the level of mounting any type of challenge.
    For me it was never in any doubt that Liverpool would absolutely walk it this season (I said as much) and next season could well be a repeat if City lose their appeal.
    Congratulations to Liverpool on a fine season - well deserved champions.

tqineil and ks.234 like this.
  13. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

14. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

Congratulations to Liverpool and to Klopp, who seems like a really nice bloke.

15. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

They all seem like really nice blokes when they're winning.;)

tqineil likes this.
  16. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

True though I still think "the normal one" is okay. Not easy to say as a MU fan :).

tqineil and webster like this.
  17. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

Cheers Bob.

Of course there asterisk is because;
    Liverpool FC are the first team ever to simultaneously hold: - Premier League trophy - Champions League trophy - Super Cup - Club World Cup.
    Liverpool have won the Premiership title with a record seven games to play. There are numerous other records that still can be broken this season.
    As Barney Ronay said in today's Guardian. "No asterisk. No Caveats, and lets face it no contest....This was an annihilation "

YNWA.

tqineil likes this.
  18. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Looking forward to Guard of honour at City then a cracking game to follow.

andrew d likes this.
  19. jackbarron

It will be cool when Chelsea take the Premier League title off Liverpool next year, given we helped them to win it this season. I am sure Klopp knows this and won't get shirty.

Jack

ks.234 likes this.
  20. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Haha, actually Jack you only helped us win it this week.

Rob998 and omers like this.