1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by ks.234, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

That could certainly happen with the new signings you've made, but you'll have to win more than 16 games at this stage of the season to get close to the top 2/3 places I imagine?

2. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Chelsea are a work in progress but if the board let Frank & Jodie get on with their jobs and continue to back them in the transfer market then I think we could see the finished article the season after next.
    Priorities - a decent keeper, an upgrade on Alonso at left back and most importantly a dominant central defender capable of organising and leading the side on the pitch.
    I nearly forgot - give Willian the deal he wants and stop pfaffing about.:)

ks.234, jackbarron and tqineil like this.
  3. christray

christray pfm Member

Step closer to filling their coffers with prem cash for my side.
    Hopefully Leeds see it through this season.

DAVEDWACK likes this.
  4. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

I agree. Chelsea should give Willian a two year deal. They are acting like idiots at the moment. The Brazilian is very fit, as Hoddle pointed out on BT Sport, and has at least another two years of top flight football in him.

The main thing is we beat Leicester today and are in the semi-finals of The FA Cup, which we have won eight times since the Premier League started.

Barclay scored Chelsea's goal, with a great shot in the penalty area from a low incoming ball. I must admit I am not that keen on him, but he occasionally helps out.

It's surprising Leicester didn't score in the early part of the game, when Chelsea made mistakes. Lampard had changed six players from the side that won against City, including three at the back. He turned this around at half-time when he brought on subs.

If Chelsea go on the win The FA Cup, and finish third in the Premier League, it will be a good year. Bring it on.

Jack

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    ks.234 and webster like this.
  5. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

Have you written off the Bayern second leg then, regardless of the size of the task?

6. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

No not at all. Given that we play Bayern after finish of season, Werner will be eligible to play and will score a first half hat trick on his Chelsea debut. Bayern will be so devastated only 6 of their players will come out for the second half

jackbarron and tqineil like this.
  7. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

I'll have a pint of whatever you're drinking.:D

jackbarron and ks.234 like this.
  8. jackbarron

Really looking forward to Timo Werner coming to Chelsea. He's fast, young and has scored some great goals for RB Leipzig in Germany.

Werner got two more at the weekend, including his 28th of the season. This makes him second to Lewandowski in Germany this year. During his career with Leipzig he's scored 95 goals in 159 games. What a great ratio. https://www.bbc

The recent transfer ban we had definitely worked in our favour. It stopped the most powerful woman in football, Marina Granovskaia, from going out and buying another very expensive yet fading player.

Petr Cech, Lampard and Granovskaia, seem like a good team, although Frank can't make a direct decision.

This has cheered me up no end as a supporter. I'm not longer thinking oh bloody hell what massively expensive third-rate player or manager has Granovskaia lined up now?

Jack

ks.234 likes this.
  9. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Yes, this has been my biggest moan over the last few years. If Frank can be part of a cultural shift at Chelsea, the club will be all the better for it both on and off the pitch

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    jackbarron likes this.
  10. gassor

gassor There may be more posts after this.

Just seen some figures which indicate that Scotland is the most football-obsessed country in Europe. The graph shows Scotland has the highest per-capita attendance at top division football matches - more than twice that of England. Not surprising to me as anytime a number of guys meet up one certain topic is football. I know guys and that is all they ever talk about.

11. clifftaylor

clifftaylor Absolutely retired!

And I liked seeing Kante playing in front of the back four, which is what he does best.

12. jackbarron

The public's morale has been dented by Covid-19. However, it will be given a boost when Chelsea thrash Utd at Wembley in the middle of July.

Jack

tqineil likes this.
  13. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

It could be an All Manchester or all London final, I know where I'd put my money

14. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

^^^^^^^^^
    So an all Manchester final then.

tqineil likes this.
  15. tqineil

tqineil pfm Member

AFCON put back to 2022 so Mane, Salah or Keita won't be missing from LFC next season, unless we sell them

cooky1257 likes this.
  16. The Far North

The Far North pfm Member

I know that David Moyes has an inflated opinion of his own ability, but really ......... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53239041

And a bit more from the BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53215371

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  17. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

Encouraging performance from United last night. Looking forward to the Chelsea game.

18. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

Wigan Athletic enter Administration.

Are they the 1st casualty of CV19 and are many clubs to come?

19. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

That's dreadful news. The financial structure across the game needs to change for the benefit of all teams but the leagues don't seem to what to cooperate.

20. palacefan

palacefan pfm Member

I suspect that the Dildo brothers were spawned on the blank page of the old Len Shackleton book which was left blank to indicate the typical knowledge of football directors, I also suspect they need to get a Mark Noble type or who would bleed for them, not another South American or Moyes they need a bit of East End grit.