advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be cool when Chelsea take the Premier League title off Liverpool next year, given we helped them to win it this season. I am sure Klopp knows this and won't get shirty.

Jack

That could certainly happen with the new signings you've made, but you'll have to win more than 16 games at this stage of the season to get close to the top 2/3 places I imagine?

Chelsea are a work in progress but if the board let Frank & Jodie get on with their jobs and continue to back them in the transfer market then I think we could see the finished article the season after next.
Priorities - a decent keeper, an upgrade on Alonso at left back and most importantly a dominant central defender capable of organising and leading the side on the pitch.
I nearly forgot - give Willian the deal he wants and stop pfaffing about.:)

I nearly forgot - give Willian the deal he wants and stop pfaffing about.:)

I agree. Chelsea should give Willian a two year deal. They are acting like idiots at the moment. The Brazilian is very fit, as Hoddle pointed out on BT Sport, and has at least another two years of top flight football in him.

The main thing is we beat Leicester today and are in the semi-finals of The FA Cup, which we have won eight times since the Premier League started.

Barclay scored Chelsea's goal, with a great shot in the penalty area from a low incoming ball. I must admit I am not that keen on him, but he occasionally helps out.

It's surprising Leicester didn't score in the early part of the game, when Chelsea made mistakes. Lampard had changed six players from the side that won against City, including three at the back. He turned this around at half-time when he brought on subs.

If Chelsea go on the win The FA Cup, and finish third in the Premier League, it will be a good year. Bring it on.

Jack

Last edited:
Have you written off the Bayern second leg then, regardless of the size of the task?
No not at all. Given that we play Bayern after finish of season, Werner will be eligible to play and will score a first half hat trick on his Chelsea debut. Bayern will be so devastated only 6 of their players will come out for the second half

No not at all. Given that we play Bayern after finish of season, Werner will be eligible to play and will score a first half hat trick on his Chelsea debut. Bayern will be so devastated only 6 of their players will come out for the second half
I'll have a pint of whatever you're drinking.:D

Really looking forward to Timo Werner coming to Chelsea. He's fast, young and has scored some great goals for RB Leipzig in Germany.

Werner got two more at the weekend, including his 28th of the season. This makes him second to Lewandowski in Germany this year. During his career with Leipzig he's scored 95 goals in 159 games. What a great ratio. https://www.bbc

The recent transfer ban we had definitely worked in our favour. It stopped the most powerful woman in football, Marina Granovskaia, from going out and buying another very expensive yet fading player.

Petr Cech, Lampard and Granovskaia, seem like a good team, although Frank can't make a direct decision.

This has cheered me up no end as a supporter. I'm not longer thinking oh bloody hell what massively expensive third-rate player or manager has Granovskaia lined up now?

Jack

This has cheered me up no end as a supporter. I'm not longer thinking oh bloody hell what massively expensive third-rate player or manager has Granovskaia lined up now?

Jack
Yes, this has been my biggest moan over the last few years. If Frank can be part of a cultural shift at Chelsea, the club will be all the better for it both on and off the pitch

Last edited:
Just seen some figures which indicate that Scotland is the most football-obsessed country in Europe. The graph shows Scotland has the highest per-capita attendance at top division football matches - more than twice that of England. Not surprising to me as anytime a number of guys meet up one certain topic is football. I know guys and that is all they ever talk about.

The main thing is we beat Leicester today and are in the semi-finals of The FA Cup, which we have won eight times since the Premier League started.
Barclay scored Chelsea's goal, with a great shot in the penalty area from a low incoming ball. I must admit I am not that keen on him, but he occasionally helps out.
Jack

And I liked seeing Kante playing in front of the back four, which is what he does best.

The public's morale has been dented by Covid-19. However, it will be given a boost when Chelsea thrash Utd at Wembley in the middle of July.

Jack

I know that David Moyes has an inflated opinion of his own ability, but really ......... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53239041

However, while the club have won just three games in all competitions since then, the manager wants to revive their fortunes.

"I want the chance to make new history," he said.

"I want the chance to do something which gets us feeling hope for the future. The big thing to do is win the next four or five games and make sure we are a Premier League club."

West Ham entertain Chelsea on Wednesday, looking for their first league double over their London rivals since 2002-03.

Since the Premier League season restarted on 17 June, West Ham have lost to Wolves and Tottenham and are yet to score.

And a bit more from the BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53215371
When David Moyes returned for a second spell as Hammers manager on 30 December, replacing Manuel Pellegrini, he made a bold statement.

"There are only two or three managers with a better Premier League win record than me," he said. "That's what I do. I win."

West Ham won Moyes' first game in charge, 4-0 against Bournemouth.

Their only success in 11 games since was the 3-1 win over Southampton on 29 February. It gives Moyes a win percentage of 17%.

Last edited:
Wigan Athletic enter Administration.

Are they the 1st casualty of CV19 and are many clubs to come?

That's dreadful news. The financial structure across the game needs to change for the benefit of all teams but the leagues don't seem to what to cooperate.

I know that David Moyes has an inflated opinion of his own ability, but really ......... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53239041

And a bit more from the BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53215371

I suspect that the Dildo brothers were spawned on the blank page of the old Len Shackleton book which was left blank to indicate the typical knowledge of football directors, I also suspect they need to get a Mark Noble type or who would bleed for them, not another South American or Moyes they need a bit of East End grit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back