advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
He shone in his year with a Man City as a youngster after his move from Preston.

An apocryphal story is that when Malcolm Allison told Peter Swales he wanted him to buy this young buck from a Preston Swales went to negotiate with the manager of Preston and offered £250K for him.
The Preston manager shocked at such a large offer for an untried kid said you must be joking. To which Swales, thinking the offer had been rejected, upped it to £750K.
He signed that day!

The most unedifying spectacle is playing out up here over the governance of the Scottish game. At a time when many clubs are facing economic oblivion, the biggest story is the clear allegation by one club that the SPFL is rife with "corruption, collusion, coercion and /or conspiracy at the very highest level". One club claims to have a dossier that will blow the lid of the bullying and intimidation that has been going on to find a solution to the season which is extremely unlikely to go the full length.

To suggest that the issue is motivated by petty rivalry to stop the team 13 points ahead being awarded the league would take a very cynical mindset. The dossier will be extremely interesting when it is finally released, the seismic waves will be felt all over the football world, or maybe not. Can't wait!

I do think the Govt needs to take a lead on this. Just end the season. Football just seems so pointless at the moment. Let county cricket start from June, no over crowding problems there.

sorely missed

4096.jpg

Only the chancers want to restart the PL - the Arses, Spurs, West Ham and Brighton, want to carry on just in case they get into Europe next year.

Jack

Blimey, 10 days or so I read where he was explaining how great it was to be playing with Norman bites yer legs all those years ago and now he joins him.....decent footballer he was...R.I.P.

And on it goes, I’ve just heard a mate who himself was a cracking local footballer has just passed this morning having gone into the Derby Royal with a stroke just a few days ago. Last I heard he’d got a chest infection and was struggling. He turned 73 last week, no age is it, especially when you’ve recently turned 74 yourself!

R.I.P. Mick Frogatt

Trevor Cherry also played for Huddersfield Town & was involved on the board after he retired, a nice bloke. Shame he played for the other lot.

No relation to Steve (different spelling)? He was a cracking player - before Summerbee put paid to his career...

No, as far as I’m aware Mick only had a sister. Wasn’t Steve a winger with Villa in the 70’s perhaps? I seem to remember the name anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back