advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey, that’s a bit of a shock, I thought they might have given it to Liverpool.

oh alright, I’ll get me coat!

From the BBC News website this morning, and possibly an interesting listen?
10:40
Online debate over Newcastle United takeover is tonight

Newcastle MP Chi Onwurah is hosting an online debate this evening about the implications of a Saudi takeover of Newcastle United.

Saudi's investment fund looks set to take over 80% of the club but the Labour MP and many others have serious concerns about the country's human rights record.

Among those she hopes to hear from is Hatice Cengiz, the fiancée of murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi who was killed in Saudi's consulate in Turkey two years ago

Hatice Cengiz has asked The Premier League to block the takeover.

The Saudi ruler, which the wealth fund represents, denies ordering the murder of her fiancé.

The debate begins at 7 o'clock tonight and will be hosted online by the football writer George Caulkin, in conjunction with the supporter's trust.

I feel a bit sorry for the Geordies in this moral dilemma but I think they would accept Lucifer and Jimmy Seville’s love child as owner if it meant getting rid of Ashley.

Mm, the Geordies would rather have a murderous regime rather than a businessman who is a bit sharp in his practices. This is how football fans are, all about the money & new players etc.

This is how football fans are, all about the money & new players etc.

Not just football fans though, the human condition in general.
We have a new Saudi owner, a few raised concerns but as we are currently doing well in the PL the majority soon stabbed our previous owner in the back.
Sad really.

Not just football fans though, the human condition in general.
We have a new Saudi owner, a few raised concerns but as we are currently doing well in the PL the majority soon stabbed our previous owner in the back.
Sad really.
Bruce will be fired, another great pay day for him. I do fear that the enforced break from football will lessen its hold over the nation, although this is probably a good thing?

Personally I have zero interest in watching football until such time as it is deemed safe for fans to attend matches.
I’ve not missed it at all, that probably says more about the team I support but...

Ultimately it has grown a little too big & is unsustainable when most clubs are barely covering their wage bill.

Scottish football starting new season in August season ticket gets your home games live on TV . Watched the England v Scotland game on BBC on Saturday actually enjoyed it end to end football. We missed a penalty only for Gaza to go up and score that wonderful goal. Looking forward to the Villa game on Wednesday anyone know what channel it's on?

Scottish football starting new season in August season ticket gets your home games live on TV . Watched the England v Scotland game on BBC on Saturday actually enjoyed it end to end football. We missed a penalty only for Gaza to go up and score that wonderful goal. Looking forward to the Villa game on Wednesday anyone know what channel it's on?
I found this list when I heard about the Sky Pick channel, I wanted to know how it can be watched if you don't have Sky and it turns out it's going to be on Freeview Ch 144. Source is The Sun, so I just hope it's true.

I'll have to dive off the wagon...

Wednesday, June 17
  • Aston Villa v Sheffield United 6pm SKY
  • Man City vs Arsenal - 8.15pm SKY
Friday, June 19

• Norwich v Southampton 6pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
  • Tottenham v Manchester United 8.15pm SKY
Saturday, June 20

• Watford v Leicester 12.30pm BT
  • Brighton v Arsenal 3pm BT
  • West Ham v Wolves 5.30pm SKY
  • Bournemouth v Crystal Palace 7.45pm BBC - FREE TO AIR
Sunday, June 21

• Newcastle v Sheffield United 2pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
  • Aston Villa v Chelsea 4.15pm SKY
  • Everton v Liverpool 7pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
Wednesday June 24
  • Manchester United v Sheffield United 6pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
  • Norwich v Everton 6pm BBC - FREE TO AIR
Thursday June 25
  • Burnley v Watford 6pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
Sunday June 28
  • Watford v Southampton 4.30pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
Monday June 29
  • Crystal Palace v Burnley 8pm AMAZON FREE TO AIR
Tuesday June 30
  • Brighton v Manchester United 8.15pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
Wednesday July 1
  • Bournemouth v Newcastle 6pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11791708/sky-pick-tv-channel-premier-league-free-live-stream/

I found this list when I heard about the Sky Pick channel, I wanted to know how it can be watched if you don't have Sky and it turns out it's going to be on Freeview Ch 144. Source is The Sun, so I just hope it's true.

I'll have to dive off the wagon...

Wednesday, June 17
  • Aston Villa v Sheffield United 6pm SKY
  • Man City vs Arsenal - 8.15pm SKY
Friday, June 19

• Norwich v Southampton 6pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
  • Tottenham v Manchester United 8.15pm SKY
Saturday, June 20

• Watford v Leicester 12.30pm BT
  • Brighton v Arsenal 3pm BT
  • West Ham v Wolves 5.30pm SKY
  • Bournemouth v Crystal Palace 7.45pm BBC - FREE TO AIR
Sunday, June 21

• Newcastle v Sheffield United 2pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
  • Aston Villa v Chelsea 4.15pm SKY
  • Everton v Liverpool 7pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
Wednesday June 24
  • Manchester United v Sheffield United 6pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
  • Norwich v Everton 6pm BBC - FREE TO AIR
Thursday June 25
  • Burnley v Watford 6pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
Sunday June 28
  • Watford v Southampton 4.30pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
Monday June 29
  • Crystal Palace v Burnley 8pm AMAZON FREE TO AIR
Tuesday June 30
  • Brighton v Manchester United 8.15pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR
Wednesday July 1
  • Bournemouth v Newcastle 6pm Sky Pick FREE TO AIR

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11791708/sky-pick-tv-channel-premier-league-free-live-stream/
Thanks for that Brian.

EFL meeting today. L1 and L2 expect the be decided on average points per game. Sunderland and Ipswich will oppose but it shouldn't be enough. Coventry champions having lost 3 games all season - now to get a ground and an income stream to be competitive in the Championship! L2 relegation to be left hanging apparently...

Mm, the Geordies would rather have a murderous regime rather than a businessman who is a bit sharp in his practices. This is how football fans are, all about the money & new players etc.

Football is dominated by pure capitalistic avarice, moral considerations are way down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back