advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread part II

To be fair, the 5:30 kick off makes the journey back to Manchester difficult, especially if it goes to extra time and we then win the penalty shoot-out (9 out of 10 so far :)).

My daughter came home last night from Hull Uni so that she could travel up to Wembley with us then return home on Sunday. Had it been a 3 o'clock kickoff she could have made the return journey to London in the day.

Obviously, if it had been United this wouldn't be an issue.

You've got to realise, Manchester clubs are funded by billionaire yanks and Arabs. Manchester supporters are funded by Universal Credit.

City are funded, United are used like a giant ATM Machine.
Indeed, the way the Glazers run that club is an old iteration of football club ownership. The Arabs have it right and it won't be too long and we won't be hearing all this hokey about plastic football clubs because they are the future.

Myles

Plymouth Argyle supporter

Indeed, the way the Glazers run that club is an old iteration of football club ownership. The Arabs have it right and it won't be too long and we won't be hearing all this hokey about plastic football clubs because they are the future.

Myles

Plymouth Argyle supporter
What a load of old twaddle. lol. FFP is still waiting with the FA, UEFA and FIFA looking to deal with their cooking of the books. They can't sell out tickets when they're on course for an unprecedented quadruple, yet everything is good and above board.. behave!

Football is changing - not my football by the way - and FIFA/UEFA will change to go where the money goes. You won't see much done to City for their transgressions, and that'll just be the start.

Your lot will be bought out by Saudis soon and you'll see it happen.

To be fair, the 5:30 kick off makes the journey back to Manchester difficult, especially if it goes to extra time and we then win the penalty shoot-out (9 out of 10 so far :)).

My daughter came home last night from Hull Uni so that she could travel up to Wembley with us then return home on Sunday. Had it been a 3 o'clock kickoff she could have made the return journey to London in the day.

Obviously, if it had been United this wouldn't be an issue.
It's what comes of having a big support, but how I look in wonder at the championship clubs with half or even a third of their stadiums full, yet when they hit the premier league, or meet United in a cup, sell out and then have the cheek to sing.. ''we support our local team!'' Don't make me laugh.. lol

Football is changing - not my football by the way - and FIFA/UEFA will change to go where the money goes. You won't see much done to City for their transgressions, and that'll just be the start.

Your lot will be bought out by Saudis soon and you'll see it happen.
From what I've read over the past months, it's not just the footballing bodies that might do the most damage, bearing in mind that a European ban is simple enough, because all clubs are 'invited' to compete in the tournaments, clubs have no divine right. Hence why UEFA bent the rules when Liverpool last won the Champions League, and failed to qualify the following year, they were given a wild card because of not having the holders able to contest the following season, and defend their title.
The bigger problem for City will be the financial investigations by law and not footballing body. Charging City's women's team 20 million per year to use the clubs name for example.. most league clubs couldn't afford that, so how does a woman's football team achieve that? Claiming a sellout at every home game, when they are clearly not, the list goes on. Time will tell, and if all is to be believed, the majority of Premier League teams have complained too, not just the 'big clubs', so the situation is getting harder to ignore.

It's become a billionaires panto, with multi millionaires doing the manual labour for the entertainment of the richest and poorest in society.

Brilliant breakaway goal by Salah for the winner, but Southhampton gave LFC all they wanted and more this evening.

LFC keeps winning, but every win seems hard fought and, too often, come from behind.

Fun stuff to watch, but so tough on the nerves of LFC supporters!

What a load of old twaddle. lol. FFP is still waiting with the FA, UEFA and FIFA looking to deal with their cooking of the books. They can't sell out tickets when they're on course for an unprecedented quadruple, yet everything is good and above board.. behave!

Nothing will happen.

Actions against Three clubs have all been kicked out or deemed illegal recently.

Dream on saddo.

From what I've read over the past months, it's not just the footballing bodies that might do the most damage, bearing in mind that a European ban is simple enough, because all clubs are 'invited' to compete in the tournaments, clubs have no divine right. Hence why UEFA bent the rules when Liverpool last won the Champions League, and failed to qualify the following year, they were given a wild card because of not having the holders able to contest the following season, and defend their title.
The bigger problem for City will be the financial investigations by law and not footballing body. Charging City's women's team 20 million per year to use the clubs name for example.. most league clubs couldn't afford that, so how does a woman's football team achieve that? Claiming a sellout at every home game, when they are clearly not, the list goes on. Time will tell, and if all is to be believed, the majority of Premier League teams have complained too, not just the 'big clubs', so the situation is getting harder to ignore.

City like the scum report ticket sales not attendance.

City sell out every premier league home game.

Laughably the scum report 75000 gates when the entire top tier is shut in the league cup.

City like the scum report ticket sales not attendance.

City sell out every premier league home game.

Laughably the scum report 75000 gates when the entire top tier is shut in the league cup.
Why so many empty seats on my tv screen then, Bob?

A poor game from City and a good one from Brighton. There was too much diving from certain Brighton players. I don't mind clever players like Murray using their skill to get some free kicks, but but kicking the ball too far ahead of you and then throwing yourself on the floor is a bit too much, poor referring as well. City Wolves in the final I think.

advertisement

Back