advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread part II

Bob McC

Living the life of Riley
Sad but true, even after all the effort put in by FIFA.

Efforts?

The referee didn’t even follow the protocols laid down for him.

Which are

Inform stadium authorities of problem

Then

Tannoy warning

Then

Players taken off

Then

Game abandoned

Until referees follow their instructions to the letter there will be no progress.

Efforts?

The referee didn’t even follow the protocols laid down for him.

Which are

Inform stadium authorities of problem

Then

Tannoy warning

Then

Players taken off

Then

Game abandoned

Until referees follow their instructions to the letter there will be no progress.
I was referring to the many campaigns over the years, appealing to supporters & such like, not so much the law of the game but I agree, it needs to be taken seriously before progress is made. Watching the highlights show last night, listening to the sounds coming from the crowd at the end of the show, quite shameful & embarrassing.

To be clear though, progress has been made since the bad old days but time to step it up.

given this starts at grassroots, I'd also ban any local league teams from playing in the Champions League qualifiers and the Europa league.

time to ban teams from tournaments.

They'll come down on little Montenegro but what happens when it's Spain or Italy who also have history of racial abuse.

I know what'll happen, the authorities will bottle it.

It's been left to the players to finally say enough is enough.

I'm conflicted here. I want Ole to do well, but not United! :confused:

Haha! I kinda know what you mean. I'm just glad the press didn't get their way. They were desperate for Pochettino to get the job. I'd rather see him stay where he is and build on what he's done so far. The Prem needs as much competition as possible for the top spot, you want to see at least 4 clubs who are capable of winning it.

When OGS arrived United were 18 points adrift of L'Pool.

After a miraculous turn around and weaving his magic, turning them into a team of spring heeled winners...

United are 18 points adrift of L'Pool.

Great appointment.
Van Gaal is correct in his assessment.

When OGS arrived United were 18 points adrift of L'Pool.

After a miraculous turn around and weaving his magic, turning them into a team of spring heeled winners...

United are 18 points adrift of L'Pool.

Great appointment.
Van Gaal is correct in his assessment.

So if they'd started the season with OGS, they'd be in 2nd spot and 1 point behind City? I think MU fans would be happy with that! City and Liverpool have set amazing standards this season. I still can't decide who'll win but my head says Liverpool as City have more games and a harder run-in. Good to see a few of the injured nearly ready for return eg Mendy & KDB. Easy to overlook how many injuries City have had this season and are still in the hunt for the quad. Just can't see it happening and they might 'only' end up with the League & FA Cup.

Sterling can run fast and is scoring more regularly, but I don't particularly like him. I do however admire his stance on racism. Good luck to him and the people trying to stamp it out.

Jack

Well, that was terrible. The first of four potential winnable matches.

Southampton were terrible too but took their goal well, even if it was our awful passing and lack of movement up front gave them the ball.

Murray was never quick, he's been a good player for us over the years but time to pension him off. In the short term, Locadia looked hungry when he came on and we switched to 424. Longer term perhaps Mitrovic or similar.

Oh well, next game Chelsea away then our first visit to the rebuilt Wembley against City. I got tickets for the whole family so that should be a good day out irrespective of the result.

And some cracking quotes from Neil Warnock:

"It's difficult because I am really flat. I am so proud of my players. To get let down by the officials... roll on VAR.
"We worked three weeks for this but to get let down by decisions... no major decisions went for us.
"They don't realise what is at stake. If I was a Burnley or a Brighton fan, they will be absolutely loving it today.
"It's not our fault an official can't see that, it is the most obvious offside I have ever seen or the most certain penalty I have ever seen.
"What goes through my mind? Is it payback time for me over the years?
"It's the best league in the world but the worst officials. They don't understand what is at stake. They shouldn't make mistakes at this level.
"Why am I working at 70 years of age for things like that to happen? It's not very often I am lost for words.
"My players feel like they have been kicked in the teeth. We've been kicked so many times. I don't deserve officials like that today. There is no excuse for that, it's criminal.

advertisement

Back