advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread part II

City are pacing themselves well for the matches ahead.
Last three games just what was needed and no more.

I'd like to praise the Arses for what they achieved today, but words escape me and I can't be bothered to find them.

Jack

Well that was a good family day out yesterday.

The Seagulls responded well to the early set back

The fans out numbered and it sang the City fans.

Down sides...

The result obviously

Wembley is a it of a sh1thole, Rip off prices for tickets, food and drink. Poor quality and service in the stadium.

Man City were very cynical at the back. A number of Brighton counters were stopped by cynical fouls.

How was Walker not sent off?

Man City were very cynical at the back. A number of Brighton counters were stopped by cynical fouls.

70% possession yet still committed 13 fouls to Brighton's 7 - I guess fouling to break up the play is easier than defending properly.

70% possession yet still committed 13 fouls to Brighton's 7 - I guess fouling to break up the play is easier than defending properly

Well I'd rather have that than players being told to dive whenever they could. If Mike Dean would of been reffing, then it would of been 10 against 9 City's favour....

It looks like Watford are going to shade it, that's good for us as long as City have their best centre backs fit, then it won't have any problems against them

Well I'd rather have that than players being told to dive whenever they could. If Mike Dean would of been reffing, then it would of been 10 against 9 City's favour....

Perhaps you need Mike Dean reffing all your matches then:)
Check the stats and you'll find that City commit more fouls than the opposition in most of their matches - it's a deliberate tactic.

In their own way this city side are like Revie's Leeds. Just as cynical but not as likely to end careers.

I wonder what Clough would have thought. He would probably admire the attacking flair but not too impressed with the cynical "professional " fouls.

Football could learn from Rugby (again) and penalise the next offender regardless of whether it was their first foul.

You guys are laughable.

You want to see cynicism?
You want to see cheats?

You tube any Man Utd v Arsenal game from the 90s.

There is one in particular where Fergiscum’s team give a masterclass in hacking down the arsenal players sequentially.

Or any of Mourinho’s Chelsea teams.

Webster is just a fool who is getting desperately green with envy and tries absolutely anything to spin a negative view.

Fouls
Seats
Pies

Quite sad really.

Meanwhile I look forward to another cup final.

Walker was not sent off because his head moved downwards rather than forwards.

I couldn’t believe that game that Bob refers to but the funniest violence I remember was Norman Whiteside moments after kick off running over to Steve Williams and stamping on his foot.

advertisement

Back