advertisement

multi-function 2018/2019 football thread part II

Walker was not sent off because his head moved downwards rather than forwards.

I couldn’t believe that game that Bob refers to but the funniest violence I remember was Norman Whiteside moments after kick off running over to Steve Williams and stamping on his foot.
Don't forget Vinnie Jones grabbing Gascoine's balls!

You guys are laughable.

You want to see cynicism?
You want to see cheats?

You tube any Man Utd v Arsenal game from the 90s.

There is one in particular where Fergiscum’s team give a masterclass in hacking down the arsenal players sequentially.

Or any of Mourinho’s Chelsea teams.

Webster is just a fool who is getting desperately green with envy and tries absolutely anything to spin a negative view.

Fouls
Seats
Pies

Quite sad really.

Meanwhile I look forward to another cup final.

Fergiscum?!!... What's laughable is your lack of respect for the most decorated manager in the games history. United and Liverpool's rivalry is renowned, and often referred to as the biggest game in English football but I would never show Shankly or Paisley the kind of disrespect that you do, Bob. It's a smalltime attitude that smacks of a small club fan mentality, but then you haven't had to earn your current position in English football, and had it given to you on a silver platter, and it shows. Classless, just like Mikey Carrol, the 'king of the chavs' that won the lottery. I remember United's support being called arrogant, yet i'll say it again, you and your club's fans mentality will backfire eventually, once people are bored with your trophy domination, and see through the pretty football to the corrupt club, and equally cynical defending that has been pointed out by others on here. One doesn't excuse the other, suck it up, Bob, because being 'top dog' will mean that your club will be shot at, so get used to it.

Walker was not sent off because his head moved downwards rather than forwards.

I couldn’t believe that game that Bob refers to but the funniest violence I remember was Norman Whiteside moments after kick off running over to Steve Williams and stamping on his foot.
Steve McMahan .. It was a different time for football, and everybody had at least one enforcer on the pitch, and this current City team would be kicked from pillar to post during that period. Funnily enough, McMahan was one of the biggest gobshites that I remember and was Liverpool's enforcer at the time, yet went very quiet when Whiteside did that for the rest of the match, I remember it well.

It's only 1 - 0 for Chelsea against West Ham so far, but what a ferking goal by Hazard. He picked up the ball 25 yards out and then, using strength and speed, swerved around four players and clipped the ball into the right side of the goal.

The commentators and pundits have all said it is one of the best goals of the season. You have to see it for yourself.

Hudon-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek have both started and are putting in the work and grabbing chances. Odoi bursts down the wing to send in crosses and had one shot pushed over the bar.

The second half has just started ...

Magical performance by Hazard tonight - he'll be a massive loss to the PL.

He certainly will. Even miserable Manc Paul Scholes calls Hazard brilliant. We are now third in the Premier League thanks to his skill and persistence.

What Pellegrini said to West Ham at half time worked. They started attacking and were difficult to handle. It looked like they might equalize, but Chelsea defended well. Rudiger lost it with the forwards at one point for not coming back quickly enough.

Barkley was brought on for Ruben Loftus-Cheek, which was a shame, and Pedro subbed for Hudson-Odoi. It is pretty cool that Pedro and Willian were left on the bench so Odoi could get a start.

I was thinking Barkley really isn't as good as Loftus-Cheek, when he floated a ball across the pitch to Hazard, who deftly controlled it in the penalty area and did a low shot into the left hand side of the goal.

Hazard has got, and assisted in, 49.1 % of Chelsea's goals this season. That is quite remarkable. He should be allowed to go to Real Madrid this summer, instead of running down his contract. Not just because Chelsea will get a lot of money for him, but it is the decent thing to do. Sarri says he will respect Hazard's decision if he leaves, but warns he is worth much more than 100 Million.

Hazard's transfer has been compared to Ronaldo leaving Utd for Real Madrid. The problem for Chelsea is although we have some great players, there's nobody in the team to replace him. Our other handicap is Higuain. He scores the very occasional goal, but is too old and does too many bad passes.

Goodbye Spurs and the Arses. We won't miss you.

Jack

Last edited:
Hazard was unplayable tonight. So strong on the ball, and so much ability, he'll be a great loss to the Premiership if/when he leaves, not to mention the effect it would have on Chelsea.

He certainly will. Even miserable Manc Paul Scholes calls Hazard brilliant. We are now third in the Premier League thanks to his skill and persistence.

Whatever Pellegrini said to West Ham at half time worked. They started attacking and were difficult to handle. It looked like they might equalize, but Chelsea defended well. Rudiger lost it with the forwards at one point for not coming back quickly enough.

Barkley was brought on for Ruben Loftus-Cheek, which was a shame, and Pedro subbed for Hudson-Odoi. It is pretty cool that Pedro and Willian were left on the bench so Odoi could get a start.

I was thinking Barkley really isn't as good as Loftus-Cheek, when he floated a ball across the pitch to Hazard, who deftly controlled it in the penalty area and did a low shot into the left hand side of the goal.

Hazard has got, and assisted in, 49.1 % of Chelsea's goals this season. That is quite remarkable. He should be allowed to go to Real Madrid this summer, instead of running down his contract. Not just because Chelsea will get a lot of money for him, but it is the decent thing to do. Sarri says he will respect Hazard's decision if he leaves, but warns he is worth much more than 100 Million.

Hazard's transfer has been compared to Ronaldo leaving Utd for Real Madrid. The problem for Chelsea is although we have some great players, there's nobody in the team to replace him. Our other handicap is Higuain. He scores the very occasional goal, but is too old and does too many bad passes.

Goodbye Spurs and the Arses. We won't miss you.

Jack
United never replaced Ronaldo either, and from a truly neutral point of view, it will be very interesting to see what Chelsea do. Will they throw money at it once more, or persist with the cutting back and reign in the spending like United did with Fergie's 'there's no value in the market', mantra?

Come to think of it, Jack, doesn't Willian fill in for Hazard when he's injured? I know he's no spring chicken now, but he's still a tasty replacement for Hazard's position.

Come to think of it, Jack, doesn't Willian fill in for Hazard when he's injured? I know he's no spring chicken now, but he's still a tasty replacement for Hazard's position.

True. However Willian hasn't signed a new contract, because Chelsea won't give a player 30 and over more than one year. It wouldn't surprise me if he leaves as well.

If our appeal with FIFA doesn't come off, we'll be banned from buying players for two transfer windows. Should Hazard and Willian leave at the same time, Chelsea will have to tap into their academy and the 40 plus players they have out on loan.

To put a positive spin on it, maybe this will shake Chelsea up and make it less reliant on expensive, brought in fixes.

Below are the two goals Hazard scored against West Ham last night.

Jack

True. However Willian hasn't signed a new contract, because Chelsea won't give a player 30 and over more than one year. It wouldn't surprise me if he leaves as well.

Chelsea badly needs to appoint a Director of Football and then let him/her get on with the job.
It could be the best (and only) signing we make in the summer:)

If our appeal with FIFA doesn't come off, we'll be banned from buying players for two transfer windows. Should Hazard and Willian leave at the same time, Chelsea will have to tap into their academy and the 40 plus players they have out on loan.

To put a positive spin on it, maybe this will shake Chelsea up and make it less reliant on expensive, brought in fixes.

Below are the two goals Hazard scored against West Ham last night.

Jack

I think you may well be right, the wasted talent at Chelsea's youth system is criminal. The only reason Adoi is being played is because he's threatening to leave, yet is proving himself more than capable. It's great watching young players that have come through the club system, and will be a breath of fresh air.

Chelsea badly needs to appoint a Director of Football and then let him/her get on with the job.
It could be the best (and only) signing we make in the summer:)

I'd be happy with that ... as long as it was the right person of course.

Jack

According to the BBC, Hazard doesn't have an agent, which I find more than a little surprising (I'm not a fan of agents, who seem like a bunch of parasites at best).

Hazard comes over as modest, so I can imagine he hasn't got an agent. If he leaves he will get a lot of money and has been biding his time. He might stay if Chelsea were doing really well. The only thing they could possibly win this year is the Europa League Cup, which they did in 2012.

Meanwhile Spurs are playing City in their newly refurbished tinpot stadium. Much though I dislike City, I loathe Tottenham even more. The former have some okay players and might win.

Jack

If I had Harry's ankles I wouldn't be making those kinds of challenges on the halfway line.
Not sure why Poch is so annoyed with Delph as it looked like Kane was going in hard and not the converse.

advertisement

Back