advertisement

Is Mana Back?

Just sold one for £150 a bit cheap I think but happy enough. A good thing for the LP12 and Briks, as for amps I did not go there.

Where did you sell it?I only ask as I have one to sell.Might put it on t'bay.....

There is some truth to that statement. I had a pair of Sound Bases under a pair of Rega Naoses back in 2002 until 2006. In 2005 someone set them up properly for me and they were more effective thereafter.

I think that was a large part of the problem with Mana. You had to be absolutely 100% OCD and then some when setting them up. You probably had to be fairly OCD to consider buying them in the first place, however

I still think it's good stuff, but then I'm selling some.

I think that was a large part of the problem with Mana. You had to be absolutely 100% OCD and then some when setting them up. You probably had to be fairly OCD to consider buying them in the first place, however

I still think it's good stuff, but then I'm selling some.

If I am correct, you are selling because you have moved from standmounts to floorstanders.

This old Man(a)
On Phase 1
Things sound better, twice the fun
Textures from the mud come out clean and bright
This old Mana seen the light

This old Man(a)
On Phase 2
Adds Soundstage, adjusts the screws
Startling music gains, big Epiphany!
PRaTs and grooves more tunefully

This old Man(a)
Now Phase 3
Add and adjust carefully
Tunes are followed now like I’ve never heard
You should buy some, take my word!

This old Man(a)
At Phase 4
Ever further from the floor
Still it simply gets better all the time
Got no Manas? That’s a crime!

This old Man(a)
Hits Phase 5
Music seems much more alive
Ladder needed now, record for to change
I don’t care if wife estranged.

This old Man(a)
Stainless spikes
Musical’ty hits new heights
Crisp and clean and clear, more of everything
This tweak makes your music ring.

This old Man(a)
Logo’s new
You now need a gross or two
Smooth in, Gothic out, elegant new letters
I could swear it all sounds better

This old Man(a)
Stainless frame
Non-magnetic is the aim
Stunning looks and sounds better than before
Painful jaw from hitting floor

This old Man(a)
To phase 6
Music is my major fix
Room completely bare, furniture is sold
Buys more Mana, audio gold!

This old Man(a)
At Phase 7
Mana truly is from heaven!
Well, I’m almost there, why am I surprised?
Watson should be canonised!

This old Man(a)
Now Phase 8
Playing music dawn to late
Feet tap all the time, really it’s not fair
Costs a bomb in shoe repair

This old Man(a)
At Phase 9
Hard to breathe here, need air line
MoA demands flashing warning lights
To divert incoming flights

This old Man(a)
Reached Phase 10
‘Fraid I’ll have to start again
Slipped on permafrost, whole lot fell down too
Where’s my spanner? Lots to screw…
Brilliant Tones! Priceless....

You didn't set them up correctly [cont p 94]

Looking at this photo, it looks like the front right spikes are significantly more imbedded in to the boards than the other spikes. Didn't Mana make stronger boards to handle the extra weight? I can't imagine that would be a good thing.

DSC_0220_zpsbf55daf5.jpg

Looking at this photo, it looks like the front right spikes are significantly more imbedded in to the boards than the other spikes. Didn't Mana make stronger boards to handle the extra weight? I can't imagine that would be a good thing.

What that photo shows is nothing of the sort. It shows nice bokeh.

The 200-plus pound DBL spikes made barely perceptible pits in the (?) laminate wooden boards beneath the spikes. I would imagine they would support two or even three times that much before they were driven into the wood.

BTW the Soundbase 3's did *everything* the Mana mystique promised on the DBLs...way deeper, tighter, more rhythmic etc. This was compared to placing the DBL screws on cross headed screws driven into the wooden underflooring.

<Interlude #2>

This morning, while stretching the legs on my morning walk, the sun was starting to come up over the hill... and as the light caught the dew glistening on the fields, I noticed the cows, nestling on the meadows, grazing contently on the grass. Just at that moment a single partridge rustled the leaves of a nearby tree: it was making a nest for its young. I smiled as I took in Mother Nature's Majesty in all her finest and returned home for breakfast.

After breakfast I listened to Steely Dan/LP12/Mana Phase 25 and raised a glass to The Steely and, of course, to Mother Earth (as most of you know, I usually refer to Mother Nature by her Greek name "Gaia" when I am raising a solemn toast to her, but I have referred to her as Mother Nature, for our less spiritual readers).

Those same folks going ape shit adding it to their system hardly bat an eye when discarding several thousand dollars of the stuff, go figure!

Extremists are the lifeblood of a forum. I mean, could you imagine only Johns or daves in these forums? Tony would be out of business in a month.

Those same folks going ape shit adding it to their system hardly bat an eye when discarding several thousand dollars of the stuff, go figure!

I'm ditching my Mana because it was custom-made for my previous stand-mount speakers, and will not fit my current floorstanders. Hope that's OK with you, but if it isn't I won't be losing sleep. Go figure?

There is more than a grain of truth in that.

I'm not convinced! Ok, overall traffic is increased, but the more extreme threads tend not to contain links to Amazon / eBay etc (so generate little if any ad revenue), they certainly generate no record sales, and if anything they frighten trade advertisers away as many are insulting towards certain businesses or product categories etc. I'm no fan really, though I guess I'd take it over tumbleweed blowing across static threads. Can be funny too!

advertisement

Back