advertisement

Is Mana Back?

phase 20:

240942648784483016_T9NS7VmR_c.jpg

v.

suzanne plechette was quite a hottie in her prime. sadly, i wasn't old enough to own mana and impress her.

vuk.

vuk, women in the 70s liked a man to have ludicrous hair and even more ludicrous clothing. It seems to have been a fine time to be a man. I recall my father getting away with blue ****ing murder: his pride and joy was a rampant comb-over, improbably large whiskers and a lurid nylon suit. Needless to say, the chicks loved it.

I dreamed about Mana last night. I dreamed that...

I went to the new Mana factory which was located somewhere to the south of Glasgow. It might have been East Kilbride, Hamilton, Motherwell or Eaglesham, I'm just not sure. It was close to Glasgow at any rate. The factory had several large work rooms where Mana was being assembled by men wearing blue overalls. There was even a factory show room where the public could go and preview Mana prior to its official launch next month.

I was with my stepfather, Charlie, who doesn't have Mana in reality or the dream, and we walked about the factory at ease. Maybe we were allowed to roam around the entire factory including the work areas because it was my dream, who knows? As we walked around, I noticed that Mana 2012 was decidedly different from the Mana I know.

One of the main differences was that the angle-iron now formed a frame onto which wood, or rather, mahogany-coloured laminated chipboard would rest so that Mana 2012 was essentially furniture with a Mana skeleton enclosed by faux mahogany. Not only were Mana hifi racks now manufactured in this way, Mana 2012 had an entire range of products that looked a lot like bedroom furniture; bedside cabinets, chests of drawers and wardrobes etc. I think I also saw coffee tables, but I might be wrong about that.

The furniture was easily on par with the quality of Argos flat-pack furniture; it looks fine from a distance and will last a little over six months or at a stretch, a year if used very carefully.

There was something else odd about Mana 2012. The angle-iron wasn't angle-iron, although it was still called that. The Mana skeletons seemed to be made of iron and MDF-coloured aluminium. The frames now only had horizontal or vertical strips of iron and neither had a perpendicular strip to make it 'angle-iron' in the way we know it does in reality. The light brown coloured aluminium strips made up all other parts of the frame that were neither horizontal or vertical but instead were forty-five degrees angles. Perhaps it was the addition of angled-aluminium that meant it could still be called angle-iron. I don't really know.

After leaving the showroom, we left the factory altogether. We then headed back to the car to drive away but as we approached the car, an old Range Rover perhaps, my dog appeared so I put it in the back* but rather absentmindedly, forgot to close the rear door. Fortunately, just before I pulled away, a rather eye-catching women happened to be walking past the car and let me know the door was open. She was even kind enough to close it for me so that I wouldn't be inconvenienced by doing it myself. I don't know who the woman was, but she was almost certainly my dream woman.

I wasn't done being absent minded though. I drove away without my stepfather, doh! This time though, there was no yummy mummy to let me know my error and so it wasn't untill I got to my home in Wales** that a woman I'm related to, by marriage or blood I'd not sure which, informed me I forgot to bring Charlie home. Fortunately, Wales wasn't at all far from the factory and he would be home within an hour if he walked at a brisk pace. And what's even more surprising is that the dog was with him. I can only guess that the dog got out before the woman closed the door.

I set off along the country road to giver them a lift so they wouldn't have to walk all the way home. It was at this point that my dream morphed into something else. I was now playing football with some old friends from school and some women with whom I'd like to get to know more intimately.

*In reality, I drive a VW Golf estate but don't have a dog.
** In reality, I live in Glasgow.

Are you really sure you do want Mana?

For further analysis please contact me and make an appointment. Large fees will be charged.

It's not finished though. The faux-mahogany chipboard has still to be added :D

Fwiw, that's called a derrick crane and my name happens to be...Derek :)

I seem to remember a Crane similar to that in the Meccano manual referred to as a Hammer Head Crane - does that mean you are also known as Hammer Heid?
(sorry, just being difficult)

No lol, although I won't be offended if you prefer to call me that because it makes me sound tougher than I actually am :)

Mana 2012 might have been cancelled because there's no longer any mention of it on the Item Listing :130508150713

advertisement

Back