advertisement

Is Mana Back?

True, I did say grain of truth ;)
My point is that forums without quite strongly disparate opinions don't really work in the sense that most people understand forum communities.
I'm not suggesting the place be filled with nutters and left to run wild.

The mana thang passed me by but I like reading about the wars.

I am also deeply impressed by some people's commitment that they could have such ugly piles of junk in their living rooms in the pursuit of better noises.

As for the patent, frivolous at best.

Bub
Why don't you keep a few of those stages if they are so good? They would lift you new speeks tweets up to ear level.

Bub
Why don't you keep a few of those stages if they are so good? They would lift you new speeks tweets up to ear level.

Looks like he would just need a larger custom board made for just under the speaker to fit the footprint of the speaker spikes, go figure.

Yay. And then I reached puberty
I have had many different direction changes since then, I can cram a lot in 8 years of not using Mana so it was not singled out for special back-pedalling. I have made making idiot HiFi decisions an alternative career path

I'm working on Frozen Water-based conductors instead of cable interconnects at the moment. A bit splashy at the top end though.

liquid conductors are so 2010, Fox

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/teoaudio2/liquid.html

i like these pics.

4090283330_0fa931e6f6.jpg

PICT33.jpg

aosm03.jpg

IMHO, WAF is off the (negative) scale, and maybe it's my feminine side coming out but I thought it looked borderline 10 years ago, now it doesn't get house room.
There's nothing borderline about Phase 1 Mana. It's aesthetically understated and simplistically elegant. It takes pride of place in the lounge of our new house.

16117633-lg.jpg

That looks really nice, James. Have you never been tempted to make it look utterly preposterous?

That looks really nice, James. Have you never been tempted to make it look utterly preposterous?
Thanks. No, I couldn't even stand the look of Reference Tops I had a while back, let alone Sound Stages. Plain Mana is best visually and acoustically, IMO.

BTW, Vuk isn't the only one who knows how to set up Mana properly.

I didn't notice jaw dropping improvements when adding soundstages, so I settled on a five tier stand on one soundstage with a ref top (I've since dropped it all except a tt table).

I agree it looks better with just the single stand.

I've never understood the whole mythical set up witchcraft. I found it relatively straight forward putting it all together, though I felt the original instructions from Mana were badly written, I didn't get what the fuss was about. Painstaking, but not difficult.

Glass and steel is not the way to make a good platform...far too resonant. It 'worked' by injecting false excitement into vulnerable (poorly isolated) decks. Plenty of people liked the result, so I suppose you could call it a success.But there are better, and cheaper, ways of doing the job. Which is perhaps why Mana faded away.

Ah I see now:)

Why I am not too keen to perch very large and heavy speakers on a smaller footprint stand is not exactly a "go figure" scenario, unless figuring is not what you generally spend much time on.

I rather like the concept of "false excitement", that's good thinking.

I see Hermann had some Pony power.

Paul

Gold Knob, special edition. Crazier days.

I hope Hermann was not too discommoded by the collapse of Mana I enjoyed his crazy brand of hard-core crazy.

In the last days of Mana (when they went all waco texas) the SQL injection tools still leaked out the forum like reports from behind the iron curtain. Fascinating, like a slow-motion car crash. I really don't think Mana has as much relevance in this day and age of system downsizing and cloud storage and virtualization.

This was I think about as "high" as I got :)

3343583917_77d522a829_z.jpg

advertisement

Back