advertisement

Her Majesty the Queen RIP

intelligent articulate independently successful and wealthy black woman?

Is that how you see her?
If you substitute the word black for white, and find the 10,000 examples that exist in the UK of those women, like those currently in government here for example, would you be so supportive?

My point is, the attributes you describe tell one tenth of this story.
Men are terrible judges of female personality i think :)

Oh and the point of the monarchy is NOT to 'move with the times' but to provide a constant to support people who 'the times', have damaged.

Oh and the point of the monarchy is NOT to 'move with the times' but to provide a constant to support people who 'the times', have damaged.

How exactly do they achieve that rather strange thing you claim - by simply existing as a hugely over-privileged symbol and relic of a hideous mediaeval system of oppression?

I am genuinely interested in how your weird system of logic works - makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

I always thought she would easily get to a century but Andrew certainly caused her a lot of grief and Harry and Meg probably finished her off, draining her emotionally and physically. I just hope the latter will have the finger of (possible or in my opinion probable) blame pointed at them for some time to come. Unfortunately they are so wrapped up in themselves that the thought probably hasn’t even entered their minds. I remember once that together with Will and Kate they looked upon themselves as the “Fab Four” but within a short period of time the narcissists had blown it. It really is time for them to just shut their awful gobs but I suspect they will continue like a rubber ball that comes bouncing back.

You sound particularly opinionated regarding Meghan, her colour not to your liking?.

Don’t forget that the queen had Covid back in April, her public appearances were very few afterwards due to fatigue and in the last picture with Liz truss you can see severe bruising on the back of her hand that can be attributed to cytokine induced kidney damage which gives lethargy/fatigue, perhaps not the cause of her death, and I doubt we’ll ever know/be told but certainly a contributing factor given her age.

The average age of death in the UK is 79.0 years for males and 82.9 years for females (ONS). 96 really is a good run. Especially to remain lucid until the end.

You sound particularly opinionated regarding Meghan, her colour not to your liking?.

Don’t forget that the queen had Covid back in April, her public appearances were very few afterwards due to fatigue and in the last picture with Liz truss you can see severe bruising on the back of her hand that can be attributed to cytokine induced kidney damage which gives lethargy/fatigue, perhaps not the cause of her death, and I doubt we’ll ever know/be told but certainly a contributing factor given her age.

Are you sure? I grew up on the Wirral and we’d never have allowed an accent like that.
He moved to the Wirral when his father was made redundant and had to relocate to take up a new job. Wilson was at Wirral Grammar just for the Sixth Form years.

When I was growing up there seemed to be shedloads of secondary schools on the Wirral. As well as Wirral Grammar there was Wallasey Grammar, Oldershaw, Park High in Birkenhead and then the Catholic ones; St Anselm’s, St Hugh’s (known to us as ‘The Yozzers’) and Thomas Becket. Then the girls’ schools; Holt Hill, Maris Stella and Upton Convent.

It’s an odd coincidence that our few female monarchs have mostly had very long reigns, so have seen massive societal changes in the decades during which they ruled. But the monarchy ‘moves with the times’ because it has to. If you study the history of the monarchy in any detail you will see that it changes constantly. The idea of the monarch ruling personally, for example, was finally ended when Charles I had his head chopped off, and put beyond doubt when James II was chased out of the country and William III invited to take his place. Much of the current ritual dates only from Victoria’s reign.

It has probably happened to someone before, namely regretting a post. When you ask if Meghan’s colour may not be to my liking, it smacks of an accusation of racism - a pity as I doubt whether I will ever both to post again. The question is not really worthy of a reply but I will nonetheless. I have nothing against Meghan and while I did not indulge in the widespread Meghan mania (I’m not really bothered about the monarchy, neither for nor against) when they became engaged, I genuinely thought a forthcoming marriage could well be a boost for our rather stuffy and antiquated royalty. I also found the Fab Four idea quite refreshing. What I don’t like is what subsequently happened and who is to say who or what was to blame. If Harry and Meghan had an axe to grind about racism in the royal family (and I’m sure there was at least some) why didn’t they come straight out with the whole ”shebang” in one fell swoop instead of the continued threat of more revelations? This must have been most upsetting for the Queen. The Opra Winfrey show really was quite a stunt and (only in my opinion of course) rather nasty and unnecessary. I just wish they would get on with their lives and forget the past. Meghan may well be an occasional victim of racism but maybe she also imagines racism where there is none. And why should she be bothered - she’s extremely well off, attractive, well spoken, well educated etc. - the envy of the vast majority of people. Would most women like to be her? I reckon so. BTW I take the point that It was a bit stupid to say Harry and Meg probably finished her off although their claims were certainly an emotional burden.

Qwhite the mystery, isn't it?
Of course race is a factor but in addition to her massive disadvantage of having the wrong skin tone, she held independent ideas in relation to her role, i.e. she was never going to accept a role as meek incubator of royal lineage, or that the Emperor had clothes. You could argue that she knew what she was getting into but I honestly doubt she did.

She found out the hard way precisely what a dysfunctional, nasty and corrupt dynasty they actually are. And she massively underestimated the vestigial racism of the British aristocracy; from Edward VIII & Wallis Simpson to Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon to Prince Phillip. She probably didn't believe that they would have expressed concern over how black her baby was going to be, but they did.

She refused to accept the veneration of the firm and that their behaviour and attitudes were above both question and reproach. And she got the full Fergie and Di treatment for her temerity.

I’m curious what so many monarchists and all our gutter tabloids hate so much about Harry marrying an intelligent articulate independently successful and wealthy black woman?

Don’t you mean a b-list, attention-seeking ‘celebrity’ with a massively over-blown sense of her own self importance?

I always liked Harry. He had a mischievous sense of fun that was very endearing. Then he married the aforementioned fun sponge and she seems to have turned him into a needy, whiny, pathetic old woman.

And, incidentally, she’s not black, not that this makes any difference.

Pedant alert - she isn't 'black' but 'bi-racial'.......

Regards

Richard

Don’t you mean a b-list, attention-seeking ‘celebrity’ with a massively over-blown sense of her own self importance?

I always liked Harry. He had a mischievous sense of fun that was very endearing. Then he married the aforementioned fun sponge and she seems to have turned him into a needy, whiny, pathetic old woman.

And, incidentally, she’s not black, not that this makes any difference.

Never heard of the "one drop rule"?

advertisement

Back