advertisement

Her Majesty the Queen RIP

Wilson lived on St Mary’s, Scilly. His bungalow was very, very ordinary (drab actually), on the way up to the hospital.

Wilson lived on St Mary’s, Scilly. His bungalow was very, very ordinary (drab actually), on the way up to the hospital.

and buried there in St Mary's Church, Old Town. We walked past it a few weeks ago....

Are you sure? I grew up on the Wirral and we’d never have allowed an accent like that.
6th form, previous at Royds Grammar in Huddersfield. I'd have him more a Huyton lad myself seeing as he was the MP 33 years, gave me a football medal while he was still PM .

Punk was almost exclusively left-wing and mainly middle-class. Lydon being working class was an exception, though it is only quite recently he’s shifted right. He’s always had a fascinating outsider perspective, but I think he has lost a lot of health (himself and family) over recent years. His autobiography No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs is a fascinating and amusing read. He’s also a total troll and always has been, so don’t take what he says at face value. There is a 50% chance he’s taking the piss with the support of the Queen.

I was watching a Sex Pistols reunion concert a few weeks ago, and Lydon seemed to spend a lot of time pandering to a group of English nationalist types in the crowd. That was, what, 1996?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I was watching a Sex Pistols reunion concert a few weeks ago, and Lydon seemed to spend a lot of time pandering to a group of English nationalist types in the crowd. That was, what, 1996?

Interesting, I didn’t follow him that far. I paid no attention to that reunion, just looked pointless and a bit cringy to me. I like the Pistols singles, NMTB and the first three PIL albums. I wasn’t cool enough to buy Anarchy on EMI or anything, too young, but I bought the rest at the time. The only other thing I have is Open Up by Leftfield. As I say upthread I never know if he’s trolling or not, so again I’d not take anything at face value. He was always a total wind-up merchant.

Interesting, I didn’t follow him that far. I paid no attention to that reunion, just looked pointless and a bit cringy to me. I like the Pistols singles, NMTB and the first three PIL albums. I wasn’t cool enough to buy Anarchy on EMI or anything, too young, but I bought the rest at the time. The only other thing I have is Open Up by Leftfield. As I say upthread I never know if he’s trolling or not, so again I’d not take anything at face value. He was always a wind-up merchant.
Nah, there’s wind ups and there’s the real thing. He’s been hiding in plain sight since “I’m going over to other side/ Big business is very wise.”

North Korea. Isn’t that where there exists a cult of personality around a venerated, unelected and hereditary head of state, upon whose passing it is mandatory to display public grief and where the state broadcaster runs endless fawning tributes?

I’m definitely no monarchist but I am quite sad at her passing. I always thought she would easily get to a century but Andrew certainly caused her a lot of grief and Harry and Meg probably finished her off, draining her emotionally and physically. I just hope the latter will have the finger of (possible or in my opinion probable) blame pointed at them for some time to come. Unfortunately they are so wrapped up in themselves that the thought probably hasn’t even entered their minds. I remember once that together with Will and Kate they looked upon themselves as the “Fab Four” but within a short period of time the narcissists had blown it. It really is time for them to just shut their awful gobs but I suspect they will continue like a rubber ball that comes bouncing back. (Remember the Billy Vee song?)

Absolutely right “Bobby Vee” - it may have been a rant but ranting isn’t exactly uncommon on this forum and it’s supposed to be an exchange of opinion.

I always thought she would easily get to a century but Andrew certainly caused her a lot of grief and Harry and Meg probably finished her off, draining her emotionally and physically. I just hope the latter will have the finger of (possible or in my opinion probable) blame pointed at them for some time to come. Unfortunately they are so wrapped up in themselves that the thought probably hasn’t even entered their minds.

I’m with you on the child rapist, but Meghan and Prince Hewitt are my favourites of the whole lot of them, by far. Between them they may even bring the whole thing into the 21st century!

I’m curious what so many monarchists and all our gutter tabloids hate so much about Harry marrying an intelligent articulate independently successful and wealthy black woman?

I’m curious what so many monarchists and all our gutter tabloids hate so much about Harry marrying an intelligent articulate independently successful and wealthy black woman?
I think the answer is right there in your question, but you already know that.

advertisement

Back