advertisement

Her Majesty the Queen RIP

Good God! Just seen this thread! Really? Sad news if true.
Indeed, a few people are quite upset. I think there's a hermit in a quiet corner of Mali who hasn't yet heard, and a goat herder in Tibet who hasn't been seen since May but is expected down off the plateau as the weather turns in October, they'll make sure that he gets the message then. Other than that it's just Joyce in the nursing home who thinks that George is still King, and it doesn't seen worth upsetting her when we can just play church music quietly and tell her it's Sunday.

I'm watching the cortege.

Going through the village of Ballater, nearly everyone is watching through their mobile phones
:mad:

I've only seen one person cross themselves and another blow a kiss.

I suppose at least they lined the route.

God bless her.

Last edited:
I see one has a Bentley hearse for ones coffin. I wonder if they keep one garaged for the royals?
Specsavers have appointments later today;). It's a Mercedes carrying the coffin.
The Bentley is carrying, as far as I know, The Princess Royal and she is still alive.

Specsavers have appointments later today;). It's a Mercedes carrying the coffin.
The Bentley is carrying, as far as I know, The Princess Royal and she is still alive.

Noticed that too - maybe it's an indirect reference to the Saxon roots. I was expecting a Jag, but Jags break down.

Noticed that too - maybe it's an indirect reference to the Saxon roots. I was expecting a Jag, but Jags break down.

There was a spare hearse in the group of vehicles just behind the main cortège. Presumably just in case the Mercedes broke down.

It would appear that BBC 1's complete and total coverage will finally end (for a bit) at 8pm tonight for Frozen Planet. Countryfile and Antiques Roadshow will both be royal themed so they don't count. In theory, it returns to normal-ish on Tuesday.

Good feature on C4 News tonight tracking the Queen’s response to national emergencies, tragedies etc over the decades and interviewing those she spoke with. Everything from the Aberfan school disaster through 7/11, Grenfell and the Manchester Arena bombing. She deserves respect for always going to these things early and spending time with victims, often in private. Even appearing at the aftermath of events, e.g. Grenfell, where the government dare not show its face. No secret I’m an anti-monarchist, but I’ll give respect to a person where it is due.

There was a spare hearse in the group of vehicles just behind the main cortège. Presumably just in case the Mercedes broke down.
Yes all the way into Edinburgh. I saw though when the cortège got to the Royal Mile they had dropped it and most most of the army/ police convoy I saw as it passed the New Town. Huge crowds had turned out.

It would appear that BBC 1's complete and total coverage will finally end (for a bit) at 8pm tonight for Frozen Planet. Countryfile and Antiques Roadshow will both be royal themed so they don't count. In theory, it returns to normal-ish on Tuesday.

Confirmed. Thus endeth the royal coverage*. After 50 hours plus. I bet there'll be a few complaints from both sides.

* For an hour or two.

I’m rather surprised they drove from Balmoral to Edinburgh with the Queen in the Coffin/car then further planned journeys, hope the coffin is as well insulated as a yeti cooler, imagine a road accident with queenie sliding along the road?. I wouldn’t be surprised if her actual coffin was flown down to London and held somewhere appropriate before her funeral.

advertisement

Back