advertisement

Got any petrol or diesel?

I managed a fill up yesterday in a little independent station on the A46 between Nottingham and Leicester. No Q, but no diesel. My tank would have lasted to today or tomorrow, but thought I better take the opportunity. Good job, as it was closed this morning. Was £1.415 s litre though, 12p more than Morrisons last week.

Possibly a stupid question - Some are blaming the media and others Brexit for the lack of fuel.
What's the truth?

Possibly a stupid question - Some are blaming the media and others Brexit for the lack of fuel.
What's the truth?
Brexit. There is a European shortage of lorry drivers, but only the UK has a shortage of fuel at the pumps.

There's one thing for sure. The UK has a surplus of completely idiotic sheep who believe everything they hear and read.

Wife filled up at the Apple garage on the A1 going to work today. 5 cars in front. Took less than 10 minutes. No price gouging going on either (unlike the BP garage on the opposite side which was 18p a litre more)

Last fill up of petrol. Tesla arrives next month and good riddance to that ancient Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow it out your Arse stupid technology.

What's the truth?
A perfect storm. Brexit, Covid, an ageing workforce of drivers retiring. Add to that other industries (Supermarkets esp.) raising their hourly rate to steal ADR drivers over to them

I thankfully got some fuel today, so I can go pickup my dead step fathers ashes tomorrow..! (170ml round trip) what a strange strange world we life in at the moment… He would so see the funny side of it.

I've two weeks leave, my 'summer break'; was supposed to be in Edinburgh by now, for a few days with best friend since childhood - enroute to a long, long anticipated ten days of hill-walking time well NW of there.

It'd be irresponsible to even attempt that right now. I'll not.

Annoyed by ... an avoidable concatenation of idiocies? Yes; yes - I am. Very.

Unlucky timing Martin. I applaud your considerate choice. It might get better quite soon?

Very quickly, most petrol stations get a delivery every three days and without un-necessary stockpiling it will be back to normal within a matter of those three days.

The next supply chain to be effected is going to be meat supply, I’d go and buy sausages and your Christmas Turkey early… :p

Basically if you voted remain then it is all the fault of Brexit.

If you voted for Brexit then there is no fuel shortage and it is just people panicking.

It's how you feel and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

@Rug Doc

Yes, but the panic buying actually has to stop first.

I went over to E Kent for year-long-planned fam event this weekend, got home on fumes despite best planning; and on that way home, passing 22 fuel stations in sequence from Rochester to Bath, without fuel (Rochester, Tonbridge; M3; Basingstoke; Newbury; M4 - route picked to maximise my chances!)
Went out yesterday eve for an hour+; found no fuel at any station in 8 mile radius of central Baff.

Replenishing that kind of idiocy-demand is going to take time, much more so than the average cycle. Like feeding locusts.
In fact early on Sat morning I passed a tiny local 4-pump fuel stop on the a46 north at 8am, just as the fuel tanker pulled-in.
By the time I passed on my return Monday morn - all sold! 30,000+ litres, really..?

I must admit to being a bit little apathetic to the causes, as I don't really need any fuel.
But I have sympathy for those that really need it.

I'm glad we live in the middle of England. Seems there's a surplus of Daily Mail / Sun readers in the south.

Passed 22 petrol stations with no fuel?

Blummin eck.

advertisement

Back