Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Got any petrol or diesel?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Jamie, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

My petrol will last until Wednesday, I declined in following the panic buyers. My local Morrisons, Asda and Sainsbury's are all out. I am hoping I will be able to fill up on my usual schedule? Likely to be tricky for at least a week.
    Wife's car is full, as she did the usual fill up (from empty) the day before the story broke.
    Fingers crossed!

2. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

Syphon her tank

Fatmarley likes this.
  3. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Blimey is it really that bad? I hadn't noticed when out and about, the van has 3/4 tank but the car has less than 50 miles in it, just about to pop out so will see what is like here.

4. Jamie

Jamie pfm Member

Anywhere with any will have a massive queue, if Nottingham city is anything to go by....

5. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Filled up last night, was down to fumes.

People need to take a long hard look at themselves if they’re buying for the sake of it.

6. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

The government have completely caused this and had the media fan the flames. It’s just another in a long list of ‘keep quiet and hope it will all be OK’ policy decisions that will result in last minute crisis driven costly ‘paper over the crack’ type fixes. They have known for months about the shortage of drivers and did nothing! Truly piss poor governance from a good time PM who is utterly ineffectual when the going gets remotely tough! Still a good proportion of the country voted them in so I guess this is the future they voted for!

7. Thorn

Thorn pfm Member

I am off to Clitheroe on Monday and hadn't sufficient in the tank to get there, so filled up at my local BP station yesterday afternoon. It was busy, but there was one pump free. No queue.

hifilover1979 likes this.
  8. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

I can't blame anyone for panic buying really. Look at the people we have running the country - they don't exactly inspire confidence.

Snufkin likes this.
  9. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

Byrnes, Holmes Mill? ;)

vince rocker likes this.
  10. Bananahead

Bananahead pfm Member

It's what the country voted for. I thought that the UK liked rationing.

Snufkin likes this.
  11. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

12. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

#fuelwanker

boon, Robert M, tqineil and 5 others like this.
  13. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Not if you don’t need it and it takes it away from someone else who hasn’t got any.

14. palindrome

palindrome Thru a hedge, backwards and forwards.

Went to Asda (Kettering) for weekly shop yesterday. Petrol station closed, coned off. What was unusual was that there were two members of staff who appeared to be patrolling in front of said cones. Did wonder whether someone had kicked off. . .

John

15. RJohan

RJohan pfm Member

Have I accidently been transported back to 1974???????

Honestly, I understand nothing.

16. Monitor Gold 10

Monitor Gold 10 pfm Member

True. And some here who responded rather negatively to my thread about poor pay and conditions for LGV Drivers might like to revisit their comments...

17. sp25

sp25 pfm Member

That's what the Brexiters voted for. Remember all the other delights to come?

Robert M likes this.
  18. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment.

Started our tour round the Scottish west coast islands this morning. We set off from Keswick, no problems filling up there, & no sign of queues or closures on any of the garages we passed today on our way up. Is this panic buying a southern thing?

19. Thorn

Thorn pfm Member

Pie and peas in Waddinton.

hifilover1979 likes this.
  20. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

A middle class thing.. no toilet paper in Surrey now. Dicks.