advertisement

General Election 2024

The current Labour Party vibe is Tetchy Hectoring Dad on the Verge of Losing it. There is a market for this: pretty small, but over-represented in the media. I think a lot of political journalists would look at that performance and not see a problem.

B90ysTkIYAIvETM.jpg

Yep. Sums them up nicely.

The current Labour Party vibe is Tetchy Hectoring Dad on the Verge of Losing it.
Weirdly that was exactly the image that came to mind for me.

By Friday we'll see Wes Streeting defending his health policy to Krishnan Guru-Murthy with "look just because OK and if you don't start behaving yourself young man you're going to get a smack..."

Weirdly that was exactly the image that came to mind for me.

By Friday we'll see Wes Streeting defending his health policy to Krishnan Guru-Murthy with "look just because OK and if you don't start behaving yourself young man you're going to get a smack..."

Wes Streeting has a real PC World local manager not honouring a warranty replacement vibe to my mind.

Labour not even bothering to fight Farage in Clacton, despite having a bright young candidate:

A campaign source said Labour headquarters had been angry with the traction Owusu-Nepaul was getting. “At one point [Jovan] was getting more retweets than Keir Starmer. The officials were furious with him and said he was distracting [from] Starmer’s campaign,” they said.

In a letter to Labour’s general secretary, David Evans, seen by the Guardian, Martin Suker, Owusu-Nepaul’s election agent said: “Reform UK stands for everything we the Labour party stand against … and I’m struggling to come to terms that it appears the party doesn’t even want to be seen to be putting up a fight.

Did I mention the candidate is black?

Bit of a pattern developing.

Fromage taps into this.

I guess so, I often forget that I live up here in rural/isolated Galloway and don’t experience such racism or attitudes such as that, I know of no one who considers such policies as Farage talks up commendable. I have always lived in Galloway or in the wilds of Argyll and the country south of Carlisle is an alien world to me.

From the Graun……seems alright to me …….. or is it just more homophobic sexual fantasy type stuff (whatever that means):

“Labour is planning to introduce automatic registration for voting under plans to add millions more people to the electoral roll for future elections, especially young people, the Guardian has learned.

Automatic voter registration (AVR), which exists in several European countries, would come on top of planned reforms already announced by Keir Starmer’s party such as extending the vote to 16- and 17-year-olds. Together, they could significantly shake up the voting franchise if Labour gets into power next week.

Currently, people in the UK need to register if they are to vote. Under automatic registration, the electoral roll is compiled from other records, for example those linked to tax or passport data, with people added by default.

An estimated 7 to 8 million people are missingor incorrectly recorded on current registers, many of them young, as well as a disproportionate number who are poorer or who live in privately rented homes.”

Last edited:
Make no mistake, twenty years ago this racist filth would have been restricted to the sewer mouth of Nick Griffin and the BNP, and that is the cohort Starmer here courts. The debate has been dragged so far to the right that he feels comfortable airing this shit under the banner of the viciously racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-union and anti-working class The Scum. And people are going to vote for this monstrosity? My god!

Saw this on the BBC about yet more lies from the tories.

BBC Verify : Tory state pension Facebook adverts are misleading

• A Conservative advert claims Labour increased the state pension by 75p while it has risen by £3,700 since the Tories came to power
  • It misleadingly compares a single year's rise in the weekly pension under Labour with the total rise over 14 years for the annual amount under the Conservatives
  • BBC Verify analysis of the ad library data of Meta, Facebook’s parent company, suggests they have run 975 versions of this single campaign message - just changing the name of the town or city being targeted - since 21 June 2024.

It’s a lie of the highest order, clearly showing the standard by which the tory party and its supporters live.

What is a fact is real issue is these fascists have frozen personal tax allowances. It needs to be thrown back at them each and every time they fart out this crap.

Political parties and politicians need to be seriously penalised ( jail time ) when deliberately lying and misleading voters like this for personal gain. It’s fraud, imo.

Things are not going to get better as long as oligarchs rule the roost in our democracies

Good article from George Monbiot on how oligarchs have captured our politics and the state. I’ll never understand how Tories can’t see this. I guess they can and they like it…

Make no mistake, twenty years ago this racist filth would have been restricted to the sewer mouth of Nick Griffin and the BNP, and that is the cohort Starmer here courts. The debate has been dragged so far to the right that he feels comfortable airing this shit under the banner of the viciously racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-union and anti-working class The Scum. And people are going to vote for this monstrosity? My god!

Labour used to be an anchor against this sort of vile racism.

They have now jumped ship.

Things are not going to get better as long as oligarchs rule the roost in our democracies

Good article from George Monbiot on how oligarchs have captured our politics and the state. I’ll never understand how Tories can’t see this. I guess they can and they like it…

One of the deep ironies is that as well as imposing greater democratisation, union representation and wider equality in Japan, we also did something similar in Germany*

Both Countries seem to have done rather well as a result

On the other hand, the US and UK led the way in undermining those principles, and we have gone backwards.

It’s almost as if there’s a connection

*https://strathprints.strath.ac.uk/5...tionalization_and_British_nationalization.pdf

advertisement

Back