advertisement

Gary Lineker vs. BBC

Lineker has been quite outspoken, relatively, on Twitter for an age. The Tories are just using this to mask their own incompetence on immigration & the small boats fiasco.

Yes agreed. Rather than shaking our fists at the government and it's cruelty towards people seeking asylum we're shaking our fists at the BBC because it's sacked a football presenter. The distraction has worked.

What a load of crap.
Just for you, then...
5618820f08a4ee55dee66c382e5a51f34a436359.jpeg

I had to 'like' that @ff1d1l - but it is a horrifying tally of parallels.

For decent, thinking, people we approach the point that our last -throw grace is that currently, fleetingly, these are only parallels- not equivalences:
Yet - another year or two at resent rate, and Equivalence will be baked-in, and that is horrifying; not least, in that so many do not perceive even the worryingly-simple ...parallels..

GOTO 10

//undo: this is fundamentally a Music forum; and it is Friday evening:

I commend you all to enjoy this:

It's not Lineker personally, rather that he is representative of many who get paid excessive amounts for very little.

My son works for the NHS, working under difficult circumstances, and you can imagine what he gets a year...

Yes your son should be paid a decent salary...and yes he is more valuable than any football commentator...but that is not GLs fault ..blame a capitalist system that values GL as a greater asset than your son....GL is a decent person...and is over paid....but sadly things aren't going to change short of a revolution and can you see that happening anytine soon? If this were France...people would on the streets...but the British???

..@TonyL - and in that simple requirement, here is The Thing that really matters:

1. Let us propose as an academic exercise: 'A well-funded scumbag, who funds scumbags ' loses such a role, a mere title.
2. What difference then, does that really exert on Any Scumbag Ambition? In what way, can the whole Course Of such Things, be altered, ultimately ...limited?
3. .... oh I'm too tired

The BBC has driven a huge nail into the Tory coffin with this and Attenborough. Fantastic.

I sincerely hope so, though I can still see it backfiring. We are nowhere near safe ground yet. It needs to be understood that this trajectory is very deliberate. The Conservative Party have stated surprisingly openly they intend to fight the next election as a far-right culture war/moral panic (see the Lee Anderson interview a week or two ago, in fact it is the whole reason that meathead thug is in position). Refugees, immigration, trans rights and “the war on woke” are the core targets. If they can taint, diminish, destroy or fully control the BBC right now it will be a huge win for them. There is IMHO a very good chance this whole thing could spring back in their favour. The Tories currently have their people placed at all strategic levels of the BBC including right at the very top. It is great that Lineker, and it would appear much of the football/sport community, is standing firm, but this is just a warning as to what is coming. The Tories may not want this specific battle today but they certainly want this war. They have said so many times. We have sat through four years of divisive alt-right rhetoric from them. To understand them simply look to Trump. To understand just how far-right they have shifted in this short time look to the Anna Soubry video I linked upthread. We are maybe a year or 18 months from our Jan 6th.

Main point of l'affair Lineker is to bring in the new order at BBC, letting everyone else know what's expected, and what will get you sacked, no matter who you are.

Reith, like a lot of his contemporaries along with the monarch et-al, was a Nazi bastard mate or at least a sympathiser but you carry on with your view of Brittish exceptionalism.

Nothing I have said suggests I have any such view but If it makes you happy to think so you carry on.

Hey Ho.

advertisement

Back