advertisement

Gary Lineker vs. BBC

Exactly, he’s a former sportsman and contract commentator, not a news or political editor or reporter. What he said was completely accurate, his opinion and one which is shared by millions of right minded people.

^This. If he was a BBC reporter or he'd said it to camera on MOTD, the BBC might have a point, but he didn't. Most adults seem to understand he speaks for himself on Twitter and not for the BBC.

Last edited:
Ex-Tory MP Anna Soubry absolutely nails it (Twitter). Remember the days when there was still space for voices like that within the UK Conservative Party?

She’s absolutely fearless in calling both the BBC and the vile hateful far-right mess her party has become out. I will give full respect to anyone who speaks truth to power and stands firmly against fascism. Good on her.

Gary Lineker is an excellent broadcaster & the BBC are lucky to have him. This could actually be the end of MOTD, no one will want to step into his shoes.

The high brow anti football rhetoric on here can do one. I wish the game hadn’t been taken over by money but that’s where we are; players are highly skilled & are earning their market rate.

Ex-Tory MP Anna Soubry absolutely nails it (Twitter). Remember the days when there was still space for voices like that within the UK Conservative Party.

She’s absolutely fearless in calling both the BBC and the vile hateful far-right mess her party has become out. I will give full respect to anyone who speaks truth to power and stands firmly against fascism. Good on her.

That vid clip was refreshing.
I fully agree, Tony.

Micah Richards and Alex Scott say no too. I have put my hat in the ring to front MOTD (played a bit of football at school, can talk rubbish with the best) and intend to drop trousers to reveal FREE GARY written on my arse cheeks once we go to air.

Now Jermaine Jenas says no, he will stand with fellow pundits, my chances are looking better all the time...

I was about to write that I was looking forward to seeing your arse on the telly, but I'm having second thoughts on the matter. . . ;)

John

I personally don't agree with him saying all that. I'm not crying about it though and I don't think he should be cancelled (whatever that means) for it. makes no difference to my life.

Ok...tell us why you dislike GL quite so? Is it how much he gets paid? What?

You can dislike who you like....freedom of speech and all that and no skin off my nose but you must have a reason? Just out of curiosity.

It's not Lineker personally, rather that he is representative of many who get paid excessive amounts for very little.

My son works for the NHS, working under difficult circumstances, and you can imagine what he gets a year...

ManU fans brickin' it as if the Beeb don't find someone to host this week's MOTD they'll have to repeat last Sunday's MOTD2 and the 7-0 thrashing.

Lord Reith would despair at what the BBC he built has become.

This Lord Reith?

It was later revealled that Reith was a great admirer of Adolf Hitler. On 9th March 1933 Reith wrote "I am certain that the Nazis will clean things up and put Germany on the way to being a real power in Europe again.... They are being ruthless and most determined". Later, when Prague was occupied, Reith wrote: "Hitler continues his magnificent efficiency."

Reith was also accused of acting like the Nazi Germany government. In the House of Commons, the Labour MP, Hastings Lees-Smith, argued: "The BBC is an autocracy which has outgrown the original autocrat... It has become despotism in decay... the nearest thing in this country to Nazi government that can be shown... If I talk to any employee of the Corporation, I am made to feel like a conspirator."

https://spartacus-educational.com/Jreith.htm

advertisement

Back