advertisement

Dream deck?

50100375472_0a617b9806_b.jpg
[/url]

That's like the Vegas of turntables, it's so brash and OTT it's uber cool .... love it :D

On sound, I never, ever should have let the Rock mk2 go...just tuned it and kept it pristine.
However the Palmer is so near perfect that it's fine. It'll do. For now.

Absolutely agree re: Rock II.
I’ve had Michell Gyro SE, Technics GR, Rega P6, AN TT 2 and a current PTP5 tt’s since and would still take the Rock II in a heartbeat over them all* and with the original plinth and lid it looked elegant as well.

*I’d have to keep the PTP5 as well though:rolleyes:

Funny in that what looks cool doesn't always sound good. I have been quite surprised over the years listening to some "so called" established references, only to be left wondering how they could have acquired that kudos. Having heard a number of EMTs I could never work out why people thought they were better than a handful of good modern turntables. I found them slightly better than a good Garrard 301 but they lacked the precision and delicacy of a good modern reference design that could be had for less money too.

Sorry to piss on your preference here but it looks like a hugely obese version of my Rega. I'll take my sleeker deck, thanks!

Eh? I don’t think they have much in common construction wise. The Motus is a direct drive with a suspension system. I choose it primarily for its seemingly well implemented german engineering. As opposed to some oppulent oil rigs out there. I do like Rega’s design philosophy though having owned original Planar 2 and 3 and the P7 in the past. Wouldn’t mind a P8 or P10.

Right now I'm reckon I'm listening to my dream turntable (Technics SL1210GR)
I'm three albums into a friday afternoon listening session and it's an absolute joy to listen to, but.....

If I had some serious money it would have to be a
Technics SL 1000R

Right now I'm reckon I'm listening to my dream turntable (Technics SL1210GR)
I'm three albums into a friday afternoon listening session and it's an absolute joy to listen to, but.....

If I had some serious money it would have to be a
Technics SL 1000R
Me too, just finished a Cocteau Twins afternoon on the 1200GR, that triple armed SL-1000R is what I'd like to spend some pension lump sum on and sod the mortgage :)

I don't like overly trick or ostentatious turntables, or anything else for that matter. To me, the LP12 looks just about right. Nicely proportioned and has a look of solidity and quality without being at all showy. Nice product.

I agree, but to achieve a certain level of performance some things like size and weight have to be compromised. I would compromise a little on the asthetics to gain better performance because on a good vinyl playback system the sound can be magical...

Yes, and about a 1000 times better... :)

They actually sounded far better than they looked like they had any right to! A long time ago I had one I'd got as part of some deal and "for a laugh" fitted a cart and tried it... it stayed in my system for a year or so... not so much because it was THAT good and more due to being skint at the time (I was about 20) but it was better sounding than a dual 505 I had before.

Reactions: GT

advertisement

Back