advertisement

Cricket 2023

There is a lot riding on Stokes fitness as he has to be able to bowl in order to rotate the other fast bowlers who may end up toiling in our hot as balls weather against the strong Oz middle order. Proper batting all the way down to number eight with Moeen though and Robinson got a century for his county this week. I don’t think we will win the Ashes back but it is going to be one hell of a series.

Yes, they'll look to come after Moeen hard. If they manage to, with the heat, Stokes may have to bowl. Light rain forecast from Sunday onwards.

Foakes sent a massive reminder yesterday in Surrey's incredible win.
Sibley now officially Captain Slow but he was impressive. A performance even Dravid would have been proud of.

I like his confidence
Fyp809JXoAICbzu

I want a t-shirt with simply "501-1" on.

Weather seems ok for tomorrow, cooler out west here.. so perfect conditions to hunker down & watch. I am a bit concerned by that crims v india silly game, but it'll dispense in the morning I bet.

Finally battle commences! My world revolves around eng vs crims in The Ashes.

It should be a very good toss to win tomorrow with the weather turning...

Agreed, plus Edgbaston has historically turned quite a bit late on so we don’t want to be batting in the fourth innings, from memory that’s what happened in the same encounter in 2019 with Lyon skittling us day 4/5.

Final thoughts - Root has not excelled as much as the other batsman in the Mculloch era and it may have taken him sometime to adjust to not captaining but unencumbered I expect some big hundreds from him this summer plus a good contribution with the ball on some dry spinning pitches.

got to take lots of diversions today due to the ashes . roads all closed .with 100k tickets sold hope its a good time for all

Cook, Strauss and Trott 2011?

Yup spraggots.. that's all I need on a t-shirt for any crims to attempt to read.

My final thoughts. This toss today- yes the weather should be 1-2 good days of batting, then humid & overcast, 3-5 good days for bowling. Maybe 3/4 of a day's time lost due to rain later stages.

We HAVE to win this toss. I think the whole series will follow-on (forgive the pun) from whoever wins & bats first.

If we do.. it'll be a great series of to & fro.
If the crims win.. I think we'll be behind the 8-ball the whole series.

Dear Lord (Gower), I pray to thee that thy shalt let england win the toss, & by end of saturday, the crims shalt have been smote with bouncers. Amen.

normally only watch T20 Blast and the Hundreds as Boycott and his style drove me to boredom, but this lot like it could be explosive. Roll on 11.am

advertisement

Back