advertisement

Cricket 2023

Did you persevere and manage to get some? The last Lords Ashes test was the Archer - Smith battle. I didn't bother with the Lords ballot that year but realised the weather forecast was for a lot of rain so I gambled on day 5 tickets at £20 each for the Grandstand. Stokes and Bairstow batted us into a winning position but the Aussies hung on with a memorable debut for Labushagne. It was a brilliant days cricket with loads of banter and I swear it was nearly completely dark by the time the umpires took them off. So hope you got some tickets.
I did persevere......but then found out that they were priced at £170 each:(
Expected £120 ish but £170? I know that Lords invariably gets returns nearer to the game so will look at that, as well as day 5.

He chased the cash in the IPL. Only he knows the consequences of this?

Foakes out v Ireland for Bairstow is a more crucial discussion…

He chased the cash in the IPL. Only he knows the consequences of this?

Foakes out v Ireland for Bairstow is a more crucial discussion…

He played 5 matches and bowled a maximum of 20 overs in total - he wouldn`t have seen out one test match- as Gav says above, badly managed and over-used, particularly at the beginning of his career.

I suspect Foakes out for Bairstow is an experiment that may not continue into the Ashes.

I suspect Foakes out for Bairstow is an experiment that may not continue into the Ashes.

Struck me as odd. If there is any sequelae from Bairstow's injury or lay off, I'd have thought keeping was more likely to find it than batting.

The Test match against Ireland is a bit one sided. At the moment, England are cruising along at 469 - 2 after 74.2 overs. Nice bit of batting practice I suppose.

The Test match against Ireland is a bit one sided. At the moment, England are cruising along at 469 - 2 after 74.2 overs. Nice bit of batting practice I suppose.

100 before lunch for Duckett is the first time that's ever been done at Lords

England batting really good although Irelands bowling not looking that incisive .Also great to see newbie Tongue with 3 wickets today !

Ireland did pretty well in the end, giving England 11 to get in the second innings.

Aggers`s guest on TMS lunchtime View From the Boundary was Giles Martin, son of George. They talked both cricket and Giles`s work at Abbey Road Studios including re- mastering Beatles and many other recordings.

advertisement

Back