advertisement

Cricket 2023

Tongue looking good 5 wickets on debut , although a fairly easy win for England not really any clues to see if they can match the Australians . Stokes did not look like he was at the peak of fitness which is the main concern

Congrats to Tongue indeed - he did well and provides Stokes with another fast bowling option, one that England will need. It was a long, hard slog for the bowlers out there today. It’s just as well that’s not England’s first choice attack, because if that had been Australia batting I strongly suspect they’d still be batting well in to tomorrow and England would find themselves staring down the barrel, much like Ireland in the end, despite their brave fight back with the willow.

Australia will be a test, for sure. However, I’m not sure it will be as uneven as some sceptics think. I do think Mark Wood gives the bowling some variation, and hopefully he is fit enough to play.

They do need to line up another opener ready for Crawley, tho.

Australia will be a test, for sure. However, I’m not sure it will be as uneven as some sceptics think. I do think Mark Wood gives the bowling some variation, and hopefully he is fit enough to play.

They do need to line up another opener ready for Crawley, tho.
I am certainly not pessimistic. Crims and England very close in the ICC test rankings. Home advantage and Crims have not had been up against Bazball yet.

The biggest challenge will be the compression of the series, 5 tests all over by 31st July a whole month earlier than usual. I don't see the bowlers managing it, especially if it's hot and dry. The Aussies even squeeze in the world test series too. On the other hand, a fortnight of wet weather can ruin two tests pretty easily - what I call the Glastonbury deluge. Madness!

Hoping to catch a bit of the India v Oz final on Sky today. First chance to see what kind of nic the Aussies are in. Gutted to see no Bumrah for India. Pope and Crawley will be pleased to see no Hazlewood for Oz. Overcast conditions today but improving into the weekend so maybe have a bowl whoever wins the toss…..

Hoping to catch a bit of the India v Oz final on Sky today. First chance to see what kind of nic the Aussies are in. Gutted to see no Bumrah for India. Pope and Crawley will be pleased to see no Hazlewood for Oz. Overcast conditions today but improving into the weekend so maybe have a bowl whoever wins the toss…..

I hope you`re right about the weather - my forecast has showers on Saturday and Thunderstorms Sunday.

Slight cloud at the moment but likely to clear later here now. (9 miles south west).

Your ONE WEEK warning
FyKN-wNWcAA39de

Nice - I'll be there! Block 11, day 1.

Edgbaston can create a great atmosphere especially in the Ashes. I was there on the day we retained them in 2015 I think and the first day last time round when Broad got Warner early but then it all went wrong with Anderson's series ending calf injury and Smith proving almost invincible. What stand are you in?

advertisement

Back