advertisement

Cricket 2023

Managed to avoid the nonsense of the anthems by making a sandwich and tea. Nobody's won anything yet! Come on Crawley ;) Crushed it! And hello Hazlewood too!

Thank you Lord Gower.

What a first ball, I couldn't hear wtf was happening on LW R4, just amass of shouting.. I thought a stump had flown.

Jeepers. Im wetting myself already.

Have commentators always droned on ad nauseam about the Hollies? I know it's been a thing for 15 years or so but I don't remember that when I was young. Is it just my duff memory? I used to call it the Bennies after Benny from Crossroads :) I always play spot the Coventry shirt!

I do remember 'He's fat, he's round he bounces on the ground' aimed at Rodney Hogg in the outfield - 81?

Gosh, that looked to pitch outside, umps call at least. The error on hawkeye is greater than that margin (a few mm I reckon).

Very poor shot Stokes, lazy, blase, immature etc etc. Nearly out earlier too, just when a captain's innings was required after Brook's misfortune. Throwing away a good toss - unforgivable really. You can only ride your luck for so long in this game, it's a great leveller...

Very poor shot Stokes, lazy, blase, immature etc etc. Nearly out earlier too, just when a captain's innings was required after Brook's misfortune. Throwing away a good toss - unforgivable really. You can only ride your luck for so long in this game, it's a great leveller...

He is what he is. You can't have the glory days every time.

Poor shot Mo too but he was probably under orders! 200 short on this pitch at the moment I reckon.

Need to see where England end up in first innings. Difficult to use old paradigms. Scoring nearly 400 on day one opens all options.

Yorkshire saving England, again.

That Harry Brook dismissal was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.

He'll learn from that for sure.

Go Jimmy!

There's a reason why you knuckle down to a test innings - you have more chance of getting a big score than by coming out swinging. There has to be a balance there. Score too quickly you leave the game open for the opposition too. It's all been tried before...

Enjoyed that. Quite a different approach but that's the first time since 2009 that JA didn't open the bowling. And I think they got that wrong there. He'd been sat on his arris all day whilst the other two were out there flogging away . Loved to have seen hm steaming in on them.

Apart from everything else, watching on Now TV with the Boost looks really great on a 4k OLED TV.

Also, a bit weird to have to admit, because I never really liked him as a player, but Ricky Ponting has now become my favourite TV cricket commentator. So much insight gained listening to him. Always appreciate an unbiased opinion from someone who knows what he's talking about..

Last edited:

advertisement

Back