advertisement

Cricket 2023

Nicely balanced. Couple of lucky wickets for Australia but England still get 393. Bazball is best thing that has happened to England cricket. It has even made other sides change the way they play.

Crap decision to declare then. Ridiculous. Root was storming along, & what if Aus now get 500-?

Then if it's england 54-3 on day 4, then 100-5 say by lunch.. we're stuffed. Could lose this test now.

That was arrogance. I hope to be proved wrong.

I prefer to think positively.Crims out for under 300 then England 500 in 2nd innings:D

I cant think positively. I'm an england supporter. It doesn't work, not even with this new way of playing after a year of it. My brain isn't wired to think positively, because I grew up watching us lose in the 80's.

Amazing to be there today. In Ben and Baz I trust. England didn’t look/feel like getting to 300, never mind 393. Root was immense tho. One sensed as soon as he came in, that he was dropping anchor.

The declaration was brave. Some of these decisions won’t bear fruit, but it sure is inspiring to have use try to be on the front foot.

Bazball had its failures , Stokes out cheaply with a reckless shot , surely better to play yourself in for a couple of overs before going full baz ! he should have at least made 20 to 30 runs . Declaration also silly as Root was on fire 50 + runs lost ? He may not bat as well next innings ,always best to keep a batsmen playing when in form .However still a good total and hopefully the tactics will not cost a victory

Thing is, best part of 400 against the Aussies on day one is success. I don’t really blame Stokes, but of a daft shot but plenty of players contributed today; no real collapse.

I would have liked 50 more runs though.

Thing is, best part of 400 against the Aussies on day one is success. I don’t really blame Stokes, but of a daft shot but plenty of players contributed today; no real collapse.

I would have liked 50 more runs though.

Agree, it looked like a 450 first innings pitch, especially given the bright sunshine. We could have batted out the day and for an hour this morning to inconvenience their batsmen instead and ended up with 480 or so but it wouldn't have the drama of last night's final half hour. Root may well have a big part to play with the ball too in the match. Overall, there were lots of pluses with most of the batsmen feeling like they are in the series and Boland/Cummings/Hazelwood didn't rip through us like they did in Oz. Lyon remains a thorn in our side though.

Last night's declaration doesn't seem so bad now! (I just can't get used to this bazball.. my brain can't process it).

Magnificent Broad over, what excitement. Then I get my ipad video working, finally today, & it all goes boring crix!

Still we're dominating, so fantastic stuff. Rarely can you relax as an england fan v crims, but I can do so. It's weird.

advertisement

Back