advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're selfish and/or thick! That's all there is to it.
Some were photographed wearing yellow star of David’s. Absolutely appalling lack of self awareness & empathy. That idiot Fox dressed in camouflage; should be conscripted to the Army & sent somewhere horrible.

I'm sick of the traffic already, can't we lock everybody back up FFS?

Drove in and out of London on Friday (no I couldn't do it on public transport or on a bike) and it was the worst I have ever seen traffic wise. It was entertaining sat in the Peckham traffic through and trying to spot just one person wearing a mask in a shop. Cretins! Thank God I only do this once or twice a year now!

As I have said before there is obviously some dodgy dealing going on with the lateral flow tests as we seem to be swimming in them and the government role them out at any opportunity . They have been proved to not be very accurate and probably a total waste of money , perhaps the tories have shares in the company that makes them !

Drove in and out of London on Friday (no I couldn't do it on public transport or on a bike) and it was the worst I have ever seen traffic wise. It was entertaining sat in the Peckham traffic through and trying to spot just one person wearing a mask in a shop. Cretins! Thank God I only do this once or twice a year now!
All I can say is this is not my experience and I’m here literally all the time.

How are you assessing how many people are wearing masks in shops from your car, by the way?

As I have said before there is obviously some dodgy dealing going on with the lateral flow tests as we seem to be swimming in them and the government role them out at any opportunity . They have been proved to not be very accurate and probably a total waste of money , perhaps the tories have shares in the company that makes them !
So testing is bad now?

The Government say that the tests are doing good because they’re finding positives who are then isolating. This isn’t contested.

The MHRA say it could be doing harm because people could ditch the social distancing after they get a negative. There could well be lots of false negatives.

The MHRA do not provide any evidence to show that this is happening, i.e. that people either don’t understand or don’t respect the implications of a negative.

You don’t have to search too far to find photos of the injured officers on this occasion, tho, should you wish to.

Even The Guardian runs part of the story accordingly.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/25/anger-met-police-anti-lockdown-protest-violence
I don’t really wish to. I just treat all such claims with extreme scepticism, based on past actions, and assume we won’t ever get the real picture.

Very little sympathy for the rank and file feeling hard done by by their bosses, have to say. Only a matter of weeks since they were enthusiastically brutalising women on the order of those bosses and now they’re asking for solidarity? Pffft.

All I can say is this is not my experience and I’m here literally all the time.

How are you assessing how many people are wearing masks in shops from your car, by the way?

Well I just look through my car windows and then through the shopfronts, they're both made of glass, it's transparent.

And I didn't say I was assessing how many, I said I was trying to find one.

Well I just look through my car windows and then through the shopfronts, they're both made of glass, it's transparent.

And I didn't say I was assessing how many, I said I was trying to find one.
Shops have windows it’s true, but they don’t generally offer an unrestricted view of the shoppers inside, IME.

More likely to have been manikins. They don’t usually have masks on, though that could be a thing soon.

Statues seem to be way ahead of manikins.

69-BD2-DE8-B9-B2-40-A6-B5-F1-9-FD552-DB6051.jpg

Another row seems to have broken out among the Tories this morning. The Mail is reporting that Johnson raged about the third lockdown. No wonder he's kicking the mere thought of an inquiry into touch...

"[Johnson] agreed to fresh restrictions but his frustration is said to have boiled over after the crucial meeting at No 10 in October. ‘No more ****ing lockdowns – let the bodies pile high in their thousands!’ he is alleged to have raged."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...08080a7ae6c286#block-60866d298f08080a7ae6c286

Another row seems to have broken out among the Tories this morning. The Mail is reporting that Johnson raged about the third lockdown. No wonder he's kicking the mere thought of an inquiry into touch...

"[Johnson] agreed to fresh restrictions but his frustration is said to have boiled over after the crucial meeting at No 10 in October. ‘No more ****ing lockdowns – let the bodies pile high in their thousands!’ he is alleged to have raged."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...08080a7ae6c286#block-60866d298f08080a7ae6c286

The Mail story is hilarious!

One said: ‘You have understand how difficult this has been for the PM. The free spirit libertarian and journalist mischief maker in him wanted to join the lockdown sceptics revolt. But faced with being told by his Cabinet and experts that he would be held responsible for tens of thousands of deaths he knew he had no choice.’

I can see how awkward it would be for the pesky deaths of tens of thousands of people to be getting in the way of being a 'free spirit' and 'mischief maker'. Tough call!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back