advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 685 cases and 17 deaths reported today and we have some more admissions data, finally, 92, 124 and 99 to the 24th. The 7 day average is 112 so they're falling again for now after the Easter pause.

I was just going to add two things. First -- the rate of SA in the region has gone from 6% to 10% in a little over a week. And second, this is in the context of a return to schools after three weeks of lockdown -- the return is supposed to be marked by a new test regime similar to ours (saliva tests in fact), but the news is full of interviews with teachers saying that although rapid tests for the kids have been promised, none have turned up.

Admissions by age don't seem to be published. It could be that the kids are passing it on to their unvaccinated parents, but globally admissions and cases are low because of vaccination of oldies.

Poetic if true in a way: the parents sacrificing their lives for the education of their children.

What are the psychological consequences of this for Gen Z and Gen Alpha? It doesn't bear thinking about.

I swear to god if I have another day like today for lat flow testing it will be the end of me. To top it all I have to sit in traffic again now. Great.

What a pain - I hate doing one two or three times in the space of a week!

Most I've done is 5 in a day but it seems to average about 3, it's slowly grinding me down TBH, plus the half hour wait on every job for the result makes trying to get all the jobs done nigh on impossible.

Most I've done is 5 in a day but it seems to average about 3, it's slowly grinding me down TBH, plus the half hour wait on every job for the result makes trying to get all the jobs done nigh on impossible.

I guess from a firm's point of view if you just rock up with a test strip showing you're all clear they've no way of knowing whether you took the test this morning or last month. Definite PITA if you have to visit multiple sites though.

I guess from a firm's point of view if you just rock up with a test strip showing you're all clear they've no way of knowing whether you took the test this morning or last month. Definite PITA if you have to visit multiple sites though.

You register the test result on line at .gov and they send you a text and an email with the test barcode, date taken and negative result, they're still not bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back