advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any of the Brexiteers on here who proclaimed that worker rights are better protected outside the EU explain this....?

50837740042_7c8dac1232_o.png
Who'd have thought that Brexit would lead to lower labour protection standards? I am shocked, shocked.

From now on it will be a good ol' British f**king being administered; none of that foreign cr*p.

[edit]

So let's see how the figures stack up from this point forward: the number of British businesses going to the wall per year after 01 Jan 21 vice the number of British business going t*ts up per year before 01 Jan 21. Then we can get a better view as to what's better.

Didn't the Chancellor say something about survival of the fittest? A thing about businesses not being viable in the long run and jobs not being realistic... Those darn EUpeans, giving us false hopes that things were going well!!! :mad:

Can any of the Brexiteers on here who proclaimed that worker rights are better protected outside the EU explain this....?

I'm surprised that it has taken so long, to be honest. I thought Boris would have had Jacob The Sh1t on the case in Week 1. They must be slipping.

Even by your loose standards, EV, this is desperate stuff. More or less completely fact free, too. Your obsession with Germany is frankly pathetic.
What went beyond the usual boorish xenophobia in that particular post was the ignorant association of medicines regulation with ‘red tape’.

I'm surprised that it has taken so long, to be honest. I thought Boris would have had Jacob The Sh1t on the case in Week 1. They must be slipping.
If JRM’s comments on British Fish yesterday are anything to go by...

perhaps we should be grateful that the dismissed rights are British diminished rights, and the diminished rights should be proud to be British diminished rights!

What went beyond the usual boorish xenophobia in that particular post was the ignorant association of medicines regulation with ‘red tape’.
Plus Germany nicking the EU pile of vaccines. Yes, the ones they'd invented, tested and developed (with Pfizer) in record time and made available to the whole world.

The bad timing would fundamentally seem to be following the Tories into the division lobby to unquestioningly trigger Article 50 and hand them a blank cheque.
Or alternatively electing an idiot as leader shortly before that, who was going to sign the A50 ticket without question. Let's not forget a lot of Tories paid their £3 to vote, they didn't get that wrong, did they?

perhaps we should be grateful that the dismissed rights are British diminished rights, and the diminished rights should be proud to be British diminished rights!
Oh yes, we're going to get a lot of proper British laws in soon.

To be fair he has a point, British fish probably are happy, at the moment, because they're not being caught.

I'm not a leaver, but we don't owe our working rights to the EU, we owe them largely to the efforts of people such as yourself, in the unions. This particular right is a case in point:

50837053838_310c51cfe5.jpg

The rule is already honoured in the breach as much as in the observance. I'm not saying it's not important, but it's as a negotiating tool rather than some kind of absolute protection. Unions should definitely fight to keep it, but if they can't it will be because they are too weak, rather than because we've slipped out of the EU's benevolent care. There are no workers' rights that aren't won and ultimately protected by workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back