• I am optimistic- I think that the UK and EU wll manage a working agreement

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • I am pessimistic - I don't see any EU or UK willingness to make a deal

Votes: 66 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So 52% of the French/German/Danish/Belgian/Celtic/Spanish/Turkish etc people who bothered to vote want the rest of those European people out of here.
52%? Of course not, but I reckon you know that already.

It was all down to those northern racists wotdunit.

Genetic study reveals 30% of white British DNA has German ancestry
The Romans, Vikings and Normans may have ruled or invaded the British for hundreds of years, but they left barely a trace on our DNA, the first detailed study of the genetics of British people has revealed.

The analysis shows that the Anglo-Saxons were the only conquering force, around 400-500 AD, to substantially alter the country’s genetic makeup, with most white British people now owing almost 30% of their DNA to the ancestors of modern-day Germans.

People living in southern and central England today typically share about 40% of their DNA with the French, 11% with the Danes and 9% with the Belgians, the study of more than 2,000 people found. The French contribution was not linked to the Norman invasion of 1066, however, but a previously unknown wave of migration to Britain some time after then end of the last Ice Age nearly 10,000 years ago.

This must be true, it was in the pfm favourite rag.
https://www.theguardian.com/science...-30-percent-white-british-dna-german-ancestry

Were the Saxons really already Anglo when they invaded?

That's the fundamental point - peoples inhabiting these isles have been simply an enormous mixing-pot,esp since the Storegga Slide buried Doggerland & made access to this tiny corner of the Eurasian landmass only marginally-more protracted. Yet everything we find deep-down since shows strong trading&cultural ties with - well, everywhere, at an astonishing scale, for 5-6 K yrs or more.

NO. gotta dig that one remaining ditch deeper! ... such an utterly-dimwitted attitude.
Listen, I'm not a racist but I can't stand people from Bradford. Arseholes. They come over here to Leeds, get in the way. Otley, they're just as bad. Don't get me started on Sheffielders. Or Mancs. Mancs!

So 52% of the French/German/Danish/Belgian/Celtic/Spanish/Turkish etc people who bothered to vote want the rest of those European people out of here.
That 52% all were adamant that no deal was better than a bad deal. The decision must be respected and implemented in the most damaging way regardless of the consequences. That is what the vote meant.

Is there any truth to the rumour that the Tier 4 lockdown was only announced at the last minute yesterday cos Gove had to finish his Christmas shopping? Quite possibly https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...e-mini-deals-ease-chaos-no-deal-says-michael/

A government of u-turns, lies, bad decisions, dangerous incompetence. It would be foolish to rule anything out with regards to what will happen on 31 December. Quite possible that they will lead us to disaster. The only thing I think we can rule out is that they have a sensible, well-thought-out plan which they are carrying out successfully.

Nothing about this lying charlatan's past suggested he was fit for office. He was recently the most useless Foreign Secretary in living memory (until he appointed a hat stand as replacement). His opportunistic support of Brexit, constant over simplification, baseless optimism and support of a fawning Tory media are the reasons he is where he is.

That divisive nonsense is about to come home to roost too. God knows why people buy the harmless, bumbling toff act, he's a nasty piece of work who's donors and backers are profitting nicely from this shambles.

That 52% all were adamant that no deal was better than a bad deal. The decision must be respected and implemented in the most damaging way regardless of the consequences. That is what the vote meant.
Were they?

Must it?

Did it?

Is there any truth to the rumour that the Tier 4 lockdown was only announced at the last minute yesterday cos Gove had to finish his Christmas shopping? Quite possibly https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...e-mini-deals-ease-chaos-no-deal-says-michael/

A government of u-turns, lies, bad decisions, dangerous incompetence. It would be foolish to rule anything out with regards to what will happen on 31 December. Quite possible that they will lead us to disaster. The only thing I think we can rule out is that they have a sensible, well-thought-out plan which they are carrying out successfully.

I now actively want them to lead the country to disaster as this will be the fastest way to hit rock bottom and start rebuilding the nation on a more sustainable footing. Brexiteers need to be to flushed out and their lies exposed for all to see. It will be the fastest way to get throught this ugly period in out history.

Yes, there will be collateral damage regarding peoples jobs etc, but I think is inevitable now anyway.

Were they?

Must it?

Did it?

You shied away from commenting on this post. I would be curious on your thoughts

Quoting Sonority
'There are many issues with sending / receiving goods for the next <insert unknown number> of weeks.
Should the carriage be delayed (highly likely at the moment for multiple reasons) then it may/will/not be liable to duty charges (which could be WTO/Non/ or something as yet undecided) and could end up in a huge pile with millions of othe ritems to be delivered post 01/1/ 21
The actual duty is yet TBA, so cannot be added to an invoice.
So many new lines can and possibly need to be added to each item on an invoice - duty/comodity code/individual cost of item insurance.
Accounting software will, at some stage, need to be upgraded/overhauled.
VAT is now different to the way it is applied in the originating country/receiver
It IS a real PITA and hugely frustrating/impossible to sort with absolutly any clarity whatsoever.
I have friends with multiple containers inbound to UK. They have ended up all over the place, and there is now no way to get them to the UK (no carriers or actual port space to land them) so what happens as of 01/1/21 to the duty/VAT/Tax etc is anyones guess. It WILL cost a lot more for sure.

There are way more issues, and wading through them is not funny.
Speaking with a senior import officer today in Dover did not instill any confidence in me.
It has all the makings of a total and complete disaster in the making - he was not looking forward to the first day back in the new year.
There little to zero help to be had, and in amny instances, forms and the like simply cannot be filled as data is just not available until 'it happens' as he put it.
I am not in the least surprised they have pulled the plug on sending until some clarity is available.
I have instructed our suppliers to send nothing in weeks 1-3 of 2021 as there is simply no guarantee I would get it.'

Were they?

Must it?

Did it?

Talking to a friend last night and he hit the nail in the head. There is a poison in the UK and nobody is sure exactly what it is but whatever logic is at play it is a particularly nasty virulent strain that will cause long term harm to the country.

The people who built Stonehenge were dark skinned and blue eyed. They are genetically extinct, totally replaced by the same people who are now called French and Belgian ie the Celts
I am not sure how you trace the Roman contribution, the legions were from the empire, not Rome, so from Spain, Turkey etc

I think youll find the dinosaurs built Stonehenge...
stonehenge-dinosaur-470x362.jpg

Yes.

No.

Yes.

All 3 are obviously no.

I now actively want them to lead the country to disaster as this will be the fastest way to hit rock bottom and start rebuilding the nation on a more sustainable footing. Brexiteers need to be to flushed out and their lies exposed for all to see. It will be the fastest way to get throught this ugly period in out history.

Yes, there will be collateral damage regarding peoples jobs etc, but I think is inevitable now anyway.
You hope for disaster? What on earth is your problem? Of course, not being in the UK and insulated it’s not a surprise you are so hopeful.

You shied away from commenting on this post. I would be curious on your thoughts

Quoting Sonority
<snip>'
I can’t imagine why you are asking me my thoughts on that specific post, but regarding that post, why would I have anything other than sympathy?

What do you want me to say? That I find it amusing, or something? :rolleyes:

iu

I've been looking at the paintings of Bruegel and Bosch this morning (in a book obviously), both visionaries, they also show the fundamental truth of life from which no one escapes.
The Garden of Earthly Delights, makes a good metaphor for Brexit...Panel one - before joining the EU, panel two - us in the EU (i'm hugging an Owl) and the third panel, January 1st 2021. ;)

iu

I've been looking at the paintings of Bruegel and Bosch this morning (in a book obviously), both visionaries, they also show the fundamental truth of life from which no one escapes.
The Garden of Earthly Delights, makes a good metaphor for Brexit...Panel one - before joining the EU, panel two - us in the EU and the third panel, January 1st 2021. ;)
I spotted Gove straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back