• I am optimistic- I think that the UK and EU wll manage a working agreement

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • I am pessimistic - I don't see any EU or UK willingness to make a deal

Votes: 66 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe that’s because the UK invaded almost any country on this planet and Germany only European and a few others.
Germany does have a few MPs of Turkish descent, I think currently 11 if I read correctly. This reflects the fact that Turks make up their largest immigrant group.

Yer and what about the Danes? Not two to a Li-lo neither. Sixty on a ship, tooled up and they wasn’t just takin jobs at the turnip picking.
They're all the same, those Norsemen types. All those tall, fairhaired northern European s, they all look the same to me. All the same tribes, walking about northern Europe, living on fish and meat and grains. Not like proper English Celts with pale skin and dark hair.

They're all the same, those Norsemen types. All those tall, fairhaired northern European s, they all look the same to me. All the same tribes, walking about northern Europe, living on fish and meat and grains. Not like proper English Celts with pale skin and dark hair.
A deal is on the way but it is early days yet, as we pass yet another 'this is it' deadline.

A deal is on the way but it is early days yet, as we pass yet another 'this is it' deadline.

The EU is not that desperate for a deal and Boris is desperate not to have one so it suits both sides to kick the can down the road, however I reckon the U.K. is hurting more than the EU.

The EU is not that desperate for a deal and Boris is desperate not to have one so it suits both sides to kick the can down the road, however I reckon the U.K. is hurting more than the EU.
Both sides are broke. Not content with 0.7 trillion Euros to support the magic money tree, one of the MEPs asked if more was available from the ECB.

Sod the fish.
I want a deal on Chateau Neuf de Pape and Wiener Schnitzel or I'm signing up for nuffink.

U Pict sides bro?

Ah mean - just what did the Silures ever do for us, eh...

'Ark at 'ee!

We've only just got used to using/retaining bits of SaxonEnglish down'eer in Zummerzet: 'ow Bist' for ' how are you; 'Wops' for 'wasp' ('ee orginal& bessum;)

Ar.

(& Pestilence to Mercia & the East)

'Ark at 'ee!

We've only just got used to using/retaining bits of SaxonEnglish down'eer in Zummerzet: 'ow Bist' for ' how are you; 'Wops' for 'wasp' ('ee orginal& bessum;)

Ar.

(& Pestilence to Mercia & the East)
You’ll cop a throwing axe in t’head if you set foot in the Danelaw.

True enough actually, it's only been 1500 years of so since the Saxon invasions, in that perspective Boris's 4 years isn't long at all to sort out the Germans.
Genetic study reveals 30% of white British DNA has German ancestry
The Romans, Vikings and Normans may have ruled or invaded the British for hundreds of years, but they left barely a trace on our DNA, the first detailed study of the genetics of British people has revealed.

The analysis shows that the Anglo-Saxons were the only conquering force, around 400-500 AD, to substantially alter the country’s genetic makeup, with most white British people now owing almost 30% of their DNA to the ancestors of modern-day Germans.

People living in southern and central England today typically share about 40% of their DNA with the French, 11% with the Danes and 9% with the Belgians, the study of more than 2,000 people found. The French contribution was not linked to the Norman invasion of 1066, however, but a previously unknown wave of migration to Britain some time after then end of the last Ice Age nearly 10,000 years ago.

This must be true, it was in the pfm favourite rag.
https://www.theguardian.com/science...-30-percent-white-british-dna-german-ancestry

Reactions: PsB
You’ll cop a throwing axe in t’head if you set foot in the Danelaw.

erm, isn't that from a track by the travelling Smithy-metal band of entertainers, Rage Against The Futhark?

Fools follow rules when Brexit commands ya;
Icenis said it was true
When ya blood was read
That's how ya got an axe blasted through ya head
Blasted through ya head
Blasted through ya head
I give a shout out to the living dead
Who stood and watched as the Tori cold centralized
So serene on the screen
You were mesmerised

Boudica's throne soundin' a death tone
axle-knives cold
Turn ya to stone before ya realize
The Tori' load the crap in omnicolour
Said they wack it online, they make it up at prime time
Sleeping gas, Brexit threads like Alcatraz
And pink-fishers lost their minds...

The people who built Stonehenge were dark skinned and blue eyed. They are genetically extinct, totally replaced by the same people who are now called French and Belgian ie the Celts
I am not sure how you trace the Roman contribution, the legions were from the empire, not Rome, so from Spain, Turkey etc

That's the fundamental point - peoples inhabiting these isles have been simply an enormous mixing-pot,esp since the Storegga Slide buried Doggerland & made access to this tiny corner of the Eurasian landmass only marginally-more protracted. Yet everything we find deep-down since shows strong trading&cultural ties with - well, everywhere, at an astonishing scale, for 5-6 K yrs or more.

NO. gotta dig that one remaining ditch deeper! ... such an utterly-dimwitted attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back