advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
... there are rejoiners who would be more than willing to take us back into Euroland.

images

I heard the bottom had dropped out of lorry parks?
Something’s dropped out of bottoms,

• Locals in Hoo, Kent, complained about HGV drivers visiting Amazon warehouse
  • Workers park on grass verges along busy roads and defecate next to vehicles
  • Residents have stopped going for walks as they say it's common to see faeces

XlTqryf.jpg

world beating public toilets.

Last edited:
We will find out over the coming years. Having said that we must not be complacent, there are rejoiners who would be more than willing to take us back into Euroland.
Never mind the coming years. I'd STFU about them if I were you.
It's a shitshow now - literally - and in the coming years will build steadfastly on such a promising beginning. Expect the coming years to be compounded interest on the faeces strewn verges of Kent.

Never mind the coming years. I'd STFU about them if I were you.
It's a shitshow now - literally - and in the coming years will build steadfastly on such a promising beginning. Expect the coming years to be compounded interest on the faeces strewn verges of Kent.
It’s going to get brutal this year. I don’t think the numpties have the first clue what they’re in for. The BBC News website is doing the usual dumbed down FAQ stuff like “How will Brexit affect my holiday in Spain this year?” You won’t have to be Carol Vorderman to work that one out.

There'll be Volvo's over
The white cliffs of Dover,
Tomorrow, just you wait and see

There'll be security lights
And Scania's ever after.
Tomorrow, when the UK is free

The misery this will bring.
The noise and pollution
To people like you and me

There'll be Volvo's over
The white cliffs of Dover,
Tomorrow, just you wait and see.

It's pretty obvious that in years to come we will need to bolster a Northern port for freight delivery. I promote Liverpool, but there are others.

We can't really meet Green targets when we have thousands of trucks driving the length of UK on a daily basis. Take the goods closer to their consumption point by sea.

It's pretty obvious that in years to come we will need to bolster a Northern port for freight delivery. I promote Liverpool, but there are others.

We can't really meet Green targets when we have thousands of trucks driving the length of UK on a daily basis. Take the goods closer to their consumption point by sea.
Hmm, I'm not sure burning heavy oil is the solution

I'm not disagreeing with the point you and others have made, about it being under our control.

But there never was a "control" philosophy, just some vague free market idea that you could attract anyone in a free migration nirvana.
I think that's a cop out. Every country needs a plan; what kind of workforce they need 10/15/20 years out, then they focus on either training or importing those workers.
Sorry, but I still don’t understand how leaving the EU has enhanced the import of the sort of skilled worker you’ve mentioned, in fact, if the poster up-thread with a STEM background who lives in the EU and now feels unwelcome in the UK is anything to go by, it has dampened it

There was a suggestion that the ROI send goods direct by sea instead of using the UK land bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back