advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brexit has destroyed the Tory Party. So a positive at last.
Nowhere near enough yet though.
It needs to be total, complete and utter decimation, nothing left to rise from the ashes sort of thing.

Then and only then are they 'destroyed' as far as I'm concerned.

Perhaps, then, the country can find some other way of running itself democratically.

After the events of the last few weeks I am feeling more positive about the situation. I think the Brexit fever dream has finally broken. It is only a matter of time now before politicians on all sides will start to call for better trading relationships, culminating in the rejoining of the single market and customs union. It will still be a long, hard slog, but we have probably turned the corner.

After the events of the last few weeks I am feeling more positive about the situation. I think the Brexit fever dream has finally broken. It is only a matter of time now before politicians on all sides will start to call for better trading relationships, culminating in the rejoining of the single market and customs union. It will still be a long, hard slog, but we have probably turned the corner.

An immense cost to get back to somewhere not as good as 2016 ? Not much to celebrate. And it will take another 10 years or more...

The corner will have been turned when people like Eternumviti finally admit they were sensationally wrong.

I was about to write 'this corner's not for turning', but then I contemplated the results of not turning a corner when there's one in front of you, and thought I'd best say nothing. Then didn't.

Last edited:
Time for pomp and glory, slavery is back.

The Brain Drain
File on 4
Paul Kenyon investigates the ‘brain drain’ of doctors from developing countries to work in the UK. The large scale recruitment of foreign doctors from nations with the greatest need to retain their medical personnel is increasing on a massive scale. What’s more, thousands of doctors are being targeted despite guidance which says recruitment from developing countries should not happen. It is though - because the UK trains too few doctors and nurses and needs these staff to plug the gaps. There are also big concerns about how many of the doctors flown into the UK are expected to work extremely long hours which they say is putting patient safety at risk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001cx34

It's incredibly sad the damage it's done. Think back to those halcyon days of 2016 before Cameron gave people the vote to appease his own party never thinking people would be stupid enough to vote leave and here we are, of course like all the others who took that gamble...because that's what it was... he was isolated from the decision which every way it went by tremendous wealth, like every other gambler that thought it would be a good idea, same goes for the mini budget, gamblers, grifters, taking a chance based on an ideology based on greed... they didn't loose however, we did... doesn't matter to them because they're filthy rich, it'll be the little people that'll carry the can, they'll come up some other scapegoat to blame for the countries woes, smears and deflection of the NHS/Starmer seems to have already started...

An immense cost to get back to somewhere not as good as 2016 ? Not much to celebrate. And it will take another 10 years or more...

I am not celebrating, i just think the corner is being turned. There is a long, hard road ahead though.

I think what I have learned from this is not to say people were stupid for voting for Brexit. Partly a protest vote, partly people feeling left out with no voice or stake in society.
Then there were those who yearned for simpler times.
I wish it hadn't happened, it was a mistake and even Gove and Johnson didn't actually want it. A conservative tour de force of stupidity and arrogance, I hope but doubt that this latest episode consigns them to the toilet of history.

Oh look, the U.K. automotive industry has another entirely predictable Brexit related failure: BMW move production of the electric Mini out of Britain,

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ic-mini-relocate-china?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Nowt to do wi’ Brexit of course.

No worries, Brits will keep on buying the quintessential British car. It even comes with Patriot rear lights...

TTT3Td3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back