advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in a Michelin one star on Friday called the pipe and glass in South Dalton. In the last spoonful of my dessert I pulled two shards of glass out of my mouth.

I was fairly relaxed about it but surprised they only offered to give me the dessert for free.
I'm still waiting for a ruptured bowel.

Did this place have a fruit machine?

Impressive level of diligence. I'd have got bored after gobbing in about 5 tins.

I do have a friend, sorry colleague, who wiped his bellend over the ice cream in the Baskin Robbins booth at UCI cinemas hull once. He defo didn't do it to every tub, though.

…and the rum n raisin wasn’t all it appeared to be either.

Lead balloon of Brexit and they still say it’s popular in some parts of the land?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/support-for-rejoining-the-eu-soars-in-new-poll-p59978fw6
“Support for rejoining the EU is soaring among Scottish voters, a poll shows.
A new Panelbase survey has found that Scotland is even more opposed to Brexit than in 2016, when 62 per cent voted against. Now 72 per cent say they would vote Remain, while 69 per cent, would vote to rejoin the EU — up from 61 per cent in January”.

Liz is certainly heading in the right direction to make friends for the party in Scotland where polling indicates there will only be three Tory MPs still standing after the next GE.

The progressive EU going from strength to strength:

"The EU’s mission has evolved as it has batted away various catastrophes. A decade ago the mantra in Brussels was 'more Europe': every problem had a solution that required power to be handed to the EU (now replaced by 'a Europe that protects' btw). These days national leaders kick things up to the European level because they realise there is no way any single government can tackle them alone. Thus solutions to the problems faced the world over - climate change, the rise of authoritarian China, pandemic vaccination - are understood to be best crafted collectively. No national watchdog in Europe could boss round an Amazon or Google. The EU’s regulation of such tech giants has given the concerns of Europeans real heft...."

No wonder Scotland wants in.

"The EU’s mission has evolved as it has batted away various catastrophes. A decade ago the mantra in Brussels was 'more Europe': every problem had a solution that required power to be handed to the EU (now replaced by 'a Europe that protects' btw). These days national leaders kick things up to the European level because they realise there is no way any single government can tackle them alone. Thus solutions to the problems faced the world over - climate change, the rise of authoritarian China, pandemic vaccination - are understood to be best crafted collectively. No national watchdog in Europe could boss round an Amazon or Google. The EU’s regulation of such tech giants has given the concerns of Europeans real heft...."

Or as a friend of mine put it last night: "strength in numbers."

The people of Britain were asked wether they wanted to Leave or Remain, and every man, woman, & child voted to Leave.
The referendum has united this country like never before. Everyone loves Brexit. It’s cool, it’s fun, it’s sexy!

lol

What's the source for the uncredited quote?

Mogg’s ‘public consultation’ on Brexit Island Weights & Measures. D’yer want imperial or d’yer want imperial and metric afterward in small print? We’re not asking you if you want to save the idiotic expense and time by just sticking with what we all know- metric.

https://beisgovuk.citizenspace.com/opss/measurements/

LBh9m43.jpg

We have the lowest economic performance in the G20 apart from Russia and they’re asking if you want imperial measures exhumed?

"Reflecting on her time at the BBC, Maitlis said the corporation often slipped into a “both-sides-ism” approach to impartiality that gave a platform to individuals that did not deserve airtime.

She recalled how during the 2016 EU referendum the BBC would create a false equivalence by putting one pro-Brexit economist on air to debate with one anti-Brexit economist, even though the overwhelming majority of economists felt Brexit was a bad idea.

She said “sections of both the BBC and government-supporting newspapers appear to go into an automatic crouch position whenever the Brexit issue looms large.

Despite queues at the British border and economic issues piling up, such outlets are still reluctant to discuss the impact of Brexit “in case they get labelled pessimistic, anti-populist, or worse still, as above: unpatriotic.”

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...tive-tory-party-agent-shaping-bbc-news-output

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back