advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farage did exactly what he was sent there to do.
Was it called operation arsehole?

Farage was sent to milk the European Parliament expenses regime for ukippers coffers and his own enrichment. In tens years up to May 2009 he received a total of £2 million of taxpayers' money in staff, travel, and other expenses. He was also sent to be a shithead, of which he’s especially talented.

Was it called operation arsehole?

Farage was sent to milk the European Parliament expenses regime for ukippers coffers and his own enrichment. In tens years up to May 2009 he received a total of £2 million of taxpayers' money in staff, travel, and other expenses. He was also sent to be a shithead, of which he’s especially talented.

Given that the maximum an MEP can claim in salary, staff and office expenses is somewhere around €4.5m (before travel and 'general' expenses) across a 10 year period, £2m hardly makes Farage a standout. I didn't follow his antics in the EP (presumably you did) but in such snippets as I have seen he seemed to be quite handy at holding the EU institutions to account, and exposing their absurdities and inherent corruption. If that's 'shithead grandstanding', well, so be it. The EU institutions are profoundly undemocratic, and could use a generous measure of being held to account by what is, in EU institutional terms a pretty rare creature, a democratically-elected representative. I suspect his departure in 2017 left something of a vacancy, though I'm sure that the other MEPs and EU functionaries were delighted.

I suspect his departure in 2017 left something of a vacancy, though I'm sure that the other MEPs and EU functionaries were delighted.

Don’t worry, the EU does have other far-right/racist/fascist blocks. Minority ones, but they do exist as they do in any functioning democracy. Farage certainly wasn’t the only one there. In fact the Tories aligned with the far-right block as I recall. I assume you voted for Nigel’s public school fascism with a pint aesthetic? I voted Green, and it is the only time in my life I have received representation for my vote.

PS Farage is still attacking brown/black immigrants daily on Twitter, though last time I looked he was selling personalised videos to his racist gammon base for about £70 a go, so he’s obviously missing the grift of the expenses trough and I assume his billionaire pimp has moved on.

Farage did exactly what he was sent there to do.

Not attend meetings or votes, yes of course he did. Some 'holding to account' that is.

Perhaps the rudeness and insulting of people impressed the audience it was aimed at, including you. Telling people they had never had 'proper jobs' who almost to a man or woman they had actually had careers that make Farage's con man trader schtick look exactly what it was.

The Brexit Party, up the back in the remedial class, showing their arses ( and that’s a big one in the Canary yellow) while Beethoven’s Ode to Joy is played. Well it’s German innit? Not ‘avin it.

02XCy1Z.jpg

seems a popular colour for doing the dirty birdy on the paying public-

ZV7h7tX.jpg

…welcome to Brexit Britain twinned with Rwanda.

The Brexit Party, up the back in the remedial class, showing their arses ( and that’s a big one in the Canary yellow) while Beethoven’s Ode to Joy is played. Well it’s German innit? Not ‘avin it.

02XCy1Z.jpg

seems a popular colour for doing the dirty birdy on the paying public-

ZV7h7tX.jpg

…welcome to Brexit Britain twinned with Rwanda.

Yellow - a colour associated with cowardice...

Given that the maximum an MEP can claim in salary, staff and office expenses is somewhere around €4.5m (before travel and 'general' expenses) across a 10 year period, £2m hardly makes Farage a standout.
Farage and ukipper corruption damned by the faint wiff of defence.
I didn't follow his antics in the EP (presumably you did) but in such snippets as I have seen he seemed to be quite handy at holding the EU institutions to account, and exposing their absurdities and inherent corruption. The EU institutions are profoundly undemocratic, and could use a generous measure of being held to account by what is, in EU institutional terms a pretty rare creature, a democratically-elected representative. I suspect his departure in 2017 left something of a vacancy, though I'm sure that the other MEPs and EU functionaries were delighted.
Claiming you "didn't follow his antics" is somewhat undermined by the rest. Are you one of those have your cake and eat it ukippers?
If that's 'shithead grandstanding', well, so be it.
It's a widely held opinion that Farage is a massive shithead and I concur.

Not attend meetings or votes, yes of course he did. Some 'holding to account' that is.

Perhaps the rudeness and insulting of people impressed the audience it was aimed at, including you. Telling people they had never had 'proper jobs' who almost to a man or woman they had actually had careers that make Farage's con man trader schtick look exactly what it was.

I don't think Farage was 'sent' to Brussels by the people who democratically elected him to waste his time voting on pettifogging amendments to the constant stream of proposed laws, directives and regulations streaming out of the Commission, as far as I'm aware he was sent there, along with the other UKIP (it's in the name) MEPs to extract the UK from the EU, a task that would, by its very nature, render them all jobless, and without any of the dubious financial benefits of being an MEP at all.

Rudeness and insulting behaviour are part of the game of politics (much as it is of the off-topic pages of pfm) and both the functionaries and MEPs of Brussels are past masters at it. If you want to see a particularly egregious example, look up the youtube footage of Guy Verhofstadt leading the throng in the EP in a spectacularly spittle-flecked and certainly insulting attack on Alexis Tsipras in 2015. Tsipras was, if you will recall, the democratically elected Prime Minister of a sovereign country, a position that should accord at least some degree of respect, but the EU and its German politico-banking paymasters had determined that Greece wasn't following their clear instructions to self-eviscerate and flog off its national utilities with what they considered to be sufficient exigency. Verhofstadt performs the admirable conjuring trick of frantically waving his arms about and shouting whilst simultaneously keeping his left hand in the pocket of one of the bidders for the water-supply utility of Greece's second city. Its a pretty appalling spectacle, and not improved as various other EP nonentities queue up to add their eurocent's worth. The EU is a particularly spiteful and unpleasant set of institutions, and it turns unashamedely vicious when its ideological mission is challenged.

I'm impressed, incidentally, that you have obviously thoroughly researched the careers of the (then) 750 odd MEPs. Every man and woman, no less.

Farage and ukipper corruption damned by the faint wiff of defence.
Claiming you "didn't follow his antics" is somewhat undermined by the rest. Are you one of those have your cake and eat it ukippers?

It's a widely held opinion that Farage is a massive shithead and I concur.

I can't see how the fact that I'm aware of the various remunerations and financial benefits that can be accrued by MEPs undermines that claim that I didn't follow Nigel Farage's antics as an MEP, it really is a bizarre barrel-scrape. My interest is in the EU, not Nigel Farage, it really is that simple. I couldn't give a ff about Nigel Farage. By contrast, you lot seem to be obsessed with him.

I can't see how the fact that I'm aware of the various remunerations and financial benefits that can be accrued by MEPs undermines that claim that I didn't follow Nigel Farage's antics as an MEP, it really is a bizarre barrel-scrape. My interest is in the EU, not Nigel Farage, it really is that simple. I couldn't give a ff about Nigel Farage. By contrast, you lot seem to be obsessed with him.

You coudn't give a ff about Farage except agreeing with him and being happy with his tactics. Mealy mouthed nonsense.

Flip, flap and deflect all you like: I replied to your post about Farage. Like all corrupt racists it's prudent to keep an eye on him, and same goes for his apologists and their ukippy obfuscations.

btw "you lot" is lazy othering. It's that easy!

baddies.gif

What's that got to do with brexit?

You're bloviating. On a music forum this is remarkable ignorance.

You're expecting some grace when confronted with the reality as opposed to the fantasy assurances? Good luck with that, the MO is to double down and point away.
I’m constantly surprised by how many senior ukip and Brexit figures EV had never heard of till he opened up pfm. I can understand the gutter characters like the fighting bus driver from Barnsley or the fraudster Ashley Mote who’d been done for benefit fraud then jailed a second time for five years for taking the European tax payer for half a million in theft while (get this) rising up on his back legs and trumpeting about ‘EU fraud’ . But pleading never having heard of Tice and Habib? It’s selective amnesia requiring medical intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back