Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Rack Kit, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

It was in the ‘I’. Utd do gender have the players for the system, Rashford & Greenwood are not exactly old or slow.

2. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

But the main man Ronaldo isn’t the pacy player he used be and probably too old to press.
    Good luck to the interim manager dealing with that little problem.

3. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I think Ronaldo can adapt, he still very fit & mobile. Journalists like a narrative, they said the same about Zlatan & he’s still playing.

4. Stuart Frazer

Stuart Frazer pfm Member

Ronaldo was pretty mobile against Villarreal and worked hard pressing, tackling and tracking back.

He needs legs around him nowadays to do his running, but he is such an intelligent player in his positioning and anticipation. His finishing is superb. I expect he trains very hard too, he clearly looks after himself and all this sets a brilliant example to the rest of the squad. As a football fan, it's a pleasure to watch him play and I'm not a Manchester United fan. It's great for the Premiership.

rbrierle, davcoll and Woodface like this.
  5. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Exactly this. I don’t understand the negativity.

rbrierle likes this.
  6. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

It’s because he should’ve come to City. ;)

Bob McC likes this.
  7. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

I don’t think he’d go to Norwich, tbh.

rbrierle and Rack Kit like this.
  8. oldius

oldius Can pleasure be measured?

As the second coming, the press believes.
    I do hope he manages to secure that seventh-place spot.

Bob McC likes this.
  9. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

Ubi fides ibi lux et robur, there was also quite a lot of wind and part of the roof was blown off by Storm Arwen. Hopefully insurance will pay quickly and there won't be too much of a disruption to home games.

tqineil likes this.
  10. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

I live a mile or so from the ground, there wasn’t much damage but the right decision when you see the number of trees down on Wirral… we were on a poor run of form so hopefully the rearrangement will give us an opportunity to get it right?

11. NRG

NRG pfm Member

Not convinced about the bin dippers back 4 tbh, a better team would have exposed their weaknesses more. The Chairboys got a well deserved point away from home against SheffieldW today, keeps us in the race…

12. NRG

NRG pfm Member

Villa look a much better team

FISBEY and AnilS like this.
  13. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

There was a 40-50 mph wind blowing throughout the game, the reds could have have 10

14. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

To be fair Liverpool don't look great at the back even in still conditions.;)
    I think my boys will drop points today - Anthony Taylor nailed on for another man of the match performance.:eek:

ks.234 likes this.
  15. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

If Taylor is refereeing we’ll be lucky to finish with 11 players

16. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

On the halfway line - WSL for this one.:)

17. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

18. ciderglider

ciderglider pfm Member

Burnley obviously running scared of Antonio Conte's Blue & White Army, postponing the game due to snow.

19. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

Chelsea resting some key players and putting out a weakened side against manure. :)

20. Rack Kit

Rack Kit pfm Member

0-1.